Weekend Update

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! It was such a great weekend to be lazy and watch football, so that is exactly what my husband and I did. Very happy with our Gator and Steelers wins, plus my fantasy team is killing it!

I've had some sinus issues the past 4 or 5 days, hence my absence from the ole blog on Friday. I'm hoping its on its way out of my system so I can get my energy back, but let me say it sucks not being able to take any meds! I've been walking around with breathe right strips on my nose all weekend, so glamorous.

Since I've been trying to take it easy, there isn't much to report but here are some recent happenings:

- Mama got a new ride!


We are the proud new owners of a 2015 Ford Explorer! We went to the dealership Thursday intending just to look and ended up coming home with the biggest vehicle I've ever driven. ha! We knew we wanted something with a lot of space now that the baby is on the way and we'll presumably have to pack a lot more junk when we travel to see our family. It's definitely an adjustment learning how to drive something so big, but I'm absolutely loving it!

Also I'd like to credit myself for my stellar negotiation skills. Which actually translate as: I was starving and just wanted to get a good price so we could go home and eat dinner before 10 PM. 

- Trips to Target have changed


So this is what you come home with when you're pregnant in Target. As if I didn't enjoy shopping there enough before the babe!

- Maternity pants = love

I tried on some maternity jeans this weekend and they are so comfortable! I'm waiting to cash in on some Gap cash to purchase any but I'm glad I don't have to wait much longer, they need to get in my closet immediately. Someone please tell me its acceptable to wear them after baby?! No?! Damn.

That's it. I told you it wasn't very exciting so if you stuck around this long, you're great. Here's to hoping Rowan and I have a good checkup this week, kicking this nasty cold, finally working on some Fall DIYs, and catching up on emails for once in the past 2 weeks!

27 comments

  1. Ford Explorers are the best! My family has been buying them for almost 20 years now and my mom won't drive anything else. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will totally wear your maternity pants after baby! At least for a little while. Yay to the new ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that new ride, Mama!!! Hope you feel back to 100% soon! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the new car, the new Explorers are so pretty! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new car! feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats on the new car! Love it! Hope you start to feel better soon!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was telling Theo last night I can't believe y'all stayed at the dealership so late to get the car when you weren't even going to buy it to begin with! I would have been the same way, when I want something I want it now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new car!!! And yay for target runs!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new car!! You will be so glad you have that nice big ride once the baby comes...Its amazing how much junk you need with those tiny babes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new car - it looks amazing!! Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well - hope you feel better!! Those sweet potato chips look really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the new car! I am hoping to get a new car at the end of the year, something bigger than my current college car, but not soo big. Guess we shall see. My sister just had a baby (today actually, yay!) and I found myself finding new clothes for baby all the time, and I am just the aunt, so I can only imagine how you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nothing worse than being sick and not being able to take meds! sorry you had to suffer through that! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You will fall in love with your big car and NEVER want to drive OR ride in a small car again!! Hope you feel better soon! Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the new ride!!! New car shopping is so exciting to me...hope you are enjoying every minute of its newness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY for a new car!!! We are going to be getting a new one at the end of the month and I've been leaning towards the Ford Explorer/Escape! Can't wait to check them out. Glad to hear you like it and that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sexy new car, lady! Love the little onesies you found. See you Wednesday (and get someone to valet that thing for you!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful new car! We spent most of our weekend watching football too...so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the new wheels! I'm sure it'll fill up quickly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on your new ride, I'm a big SUV fan, love mine! Those sweet potato chips sound good, I may have to check them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loooove your new car! We bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee after Mia was born because trying to fit a car seat, stroller and all the other crap that comes along with a baby into a car was a tight fit!
    I have lost all interest in any type of shopping except for baby stuff! It's so fun to shop for our littles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving that new ride!! You now have me craving airheads or anything gummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on the new car, it looks fantastic! And I'm sure you will definitely be taking advantage of all that extra room very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the new ride!! The new Explorer looks great!! Just found your blog through the Charleston Blog Society and definitely look forward to following :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. yay for the wins (my skins? not so much) and I L-o-v-e the new ride mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on the new ride! Awwww those baby clothes are so cute!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the new vehicle! I love it! I love the new explorers and I love black vehicles, so I'm totally drooling over you new ride :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.