Rowan's Nursery Reveal

Rowan's nursery is officially ready, now all we need is for him to make an appearance! It has truly been a labor of love and I'm honestly surprised we pulled this off before his arrival. I'm pretty sure if my husband heard one more word about the rocker, shelves, or crib skirt I might have been a single parent.

Though some of the DIY projects were a lot of work, I'm so happy with how everything came out! I wanted the room to be soft and calming but also have some masculine, industrial-like details that can grow with him.


There was at least one pregnancy hormone-induced melt down about the presence of the queen bed in this room. I hate that it takes up so much space but with a 2 bedroom house, we absolutely need the extra bed for visitors until we can buy our first home (hopefully this Spring... yay!).



I tried to avoid a full-fledged theme but I did love the star bedding and that inspired the DIY mobile. One of my favorite items is the watercolor calligraphy print of lyrics from one of our favorite Coldplay songs, which went with the whole star thing too. And completely unrelated to stars, I threw in some adorable elephant details. Random combo I know, just go with it.  




I love my Kate Spade baby bag, which I got for 70% off during one of the big sales. The only downfall is not having a crossbody strap but I purchased one on Amazon and can clip it onto the stroller straps if needed. Not super glam, but functional. 

Our biggest splurge was the rocker, but it was completely worth it! You can remove the rocker legs to convert it to a traditional chair later on. Plus it was a quick ship option, we shipped it directly to the store for free, and used the 20% discount during the Pottery Barn Kids friends and family sale.

 

Eventually we may get some kind of bumper and toddler quilt but since we can't use them until Rowan is older, I didn't bother.

 

The crib skirt and curtains are made from Restoration Hardware flat bed sheets. I loved the color and couldn't find something similar anywhere else, but let me tell you... linen is not easy to work with! The crib skirt is adjustable (I used ribbons to tie it to the mattress frame) so I do love that aspect.
 Sources

Wall Color: Benjamin Moore "Grey Owl"
Crib: Jenny Lind
Crib Sheet: Aden + Anais in "Night Sky"
Crib Skirt: DIY, using this RH Baby & Child Twin-sized flat sheet in "Ocean"
Curtains: DIY, using this RH Baby & Child Queen-sized flat sheet in "Ocean," tutorial here
Pewter Curtain Rod: Bed Bath and Beyond (similar here)
Rocker: Charleston Rocker by Pottery Barn Kids in Washed Grainsack Dove Grey
Pom Pom Throw: Hattan Home
Lumbar Pillow: RH Baby & Child 
White Pouf Ottoman: Land of Nod
Side Table: Target
Basket under Side Table: RH Baby & Child
Lamp: Target
Changing Table/Dresser: Craigslist, redone by my pregnant self
Changing Pad Cover: Aden + Anais in "Night Sky"
Diaper Pail: Ubbi
Basket on Changing Table + in Closet: TJ Maxx 
Drawer Organizers: IKEA skubb boxes
Calligraphy Print: A Fabulous Fete
Elephant Print: Oh Hello Dear
Baby Mobile: DIY, tutorial here
Shelves (with books): IKEA Ribba Ledges
Shelves (above dresser): Target 
Zinc Letter: Anthropologie 
Wooden Name Blocks + Truck: Little Sapling Toys 
Teether: Alex + Ally
Elephant Stuffed Animal: Pottery Barn Kids 
Picture Frames: Michael's, H&M, and World Market


52 comments

  1. This room is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! Breathtaking, I couldn't love it more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. His room is so amazing! You did such an awesome job! I love the colors!! I am also very impressed with your DIY's and would love a tutorial on the curtains and bedskirt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek! I LOVE it! Everything turned out so well and I swear it just feels calming through the pictures! Can't wait to see baby Rowan in his new nursery - hopefully very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful nursery! I love all the little details =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful!! I love it!! I love the colors you went with and the stars and elephants. I think that elephant print ties them together pretty well. :) Love those prints too - I'm thinking about getting one for our nursery too. That's great that you can actually fit a bed in there too. We had to take ours out completely so we don't have a guest room anymore! So be thankful for that even though it's not ideal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this room!!'n you did an amazing job mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! While the bed is for visitors I think you'll appreciate it during those rough nights. We lived in a two bedroom when Noah was born and I would have killed for a second bed! Some nights you have to just let one of you get a good night sleep while the other tends to the baby. Having the bed in the nursery will definitely come in handy! I always tell my pregnant friends that if the room is big enough put a bed in there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG it looks so awesome!! I love all the little details!! I see my contribution to Rowan's room! You'll probably love having the queen bed in there because I'm sure you'll want to sleep right next to him! I really like that lamp, so masculine! You did such a good job! I was going to text you right before this and ask if you thought Rowan was going to make his appearance this week!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this room! Love the color palette and the soft and warm, welcoming feeling! Where did you get the baskets that are in the closet?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful nursery! Love the colors and the adorable stars! I honestly didn't even notice the bed in the room until I read it in the post, but if it bothers you have you thought of just getting a air mattress for guests? You probably already thought of it but thought i would suggest. Love the nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet! I love everything about this and how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys did such a wonderful job! The color scheme is gorgeous and it looks like a room that you will enjoy spending time in when the little guy comes! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it!!! If we have a baby in our current house, which is likely, we are going to run into the same bed issue. My family lives in Chicago, and I can't have them sleeping on an air mattress when they come to stay for weeks. I think you made the bed look FLAWLESS in your nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This room is beyond perfect - I love it! Y'all did such a great job with it :) It just needs a little baby boy it now to make it complete.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so great, Cait! All of your work sure did pay off...now you just have to wait for him to make his appearance :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable! Now all you need is that handsome baby boy and the room will be complete ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. PERFECT!! Everything about this room is amazing.. Way to go Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love it!! I think the star and elephant sorta-theme is perfect!! And I love all the personal and DIY touches :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, it's gorgeous. So bright and airy, I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The room is gorgeous, and honestly that queen bed may come in handy in those early days! You never know what kind of sleeper you'll have and you may just want to set up shop in there with baby :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. The nursery is beautiful! So pretty and classic. I'm sure you'll enjoy it a lot more once Rowan is here :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is beautiful!! You did such a wonderful job...so impressed! Rowan will be in that crib before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All that beautiful room needs now is a sweet baby in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You found all your closet baskets at tj maxx?!? They're perfect. I'm looking for some just like them.

    Love his room. It's perfect. Can't wait to "meet" him!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's perfection!!! And don't worry, mama! We are in the 2BR boat too. Crib with bed in
    room and all. :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. FANTASTIC job, friend! It's so calming and cozy - perfect for the little guy to come home to :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh my goodness, it is seriously perfection! very calm looking, just the way you wanted it. can't believe he will be here so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love love love!!!! Everything looks perfect!!! Great job! Now all you need is little baby R!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Yes, hopefully he gets the hint soon! :)

      Delete
  29. I love everything about this and mama that bed is going to sooooo come in handy. Trust me on this one. We also have a two bedroom and we converted it full on to a nursery. I cannot tell you how often I had wished it was in the room! Any day now! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. The nursery turned out amazing Caitlin!! It's exactly what I would dream up a nursery to be.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Everything is just PERFECT! Now for Rowan to arrive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This room is perfection! I got believe you made the curtains and bed skirt-it look's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMGGGG it looks SO amazing girl! I love everything about it! The colors are perfect and I love all the cute little touches. You did an amazing job!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  34. His room is just perfect! I am in love with every aspect! And that rocker chair?...perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, Cait! This is seriously out of a magazine!!! And awesome job on the curtains and bed skirt.... LOVE them!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such a sweet nursery! I'm obsessed with that rocker. I need to find one soon for our nursery and I think Pottery Barn is at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your nursery looks amazing!!! You can tell so much thought, love and time went into it! Praying the rest of your pregnancy goes by quickly and you get to bring your sweet boy into that room soon. (PS I just love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  38. OH MY HEAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!

    This is ridiculously PERFECT- I may cry (haha) I want to pin every single image! Getting pretty real huh? :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautiful nursery!! You did a really great job with everything ..it looks so perfect and ready for your little one's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  40. This nursery is perfection! It is exactly what I would have wanted for my kids some day

    ReplyDelete
  41. Where did you get the outfit from?! SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.