Nursery Inspiration

I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was busy redoing the dresser for the nursery and learning how to use a kreg jig for the DIY I mentioned Friday. So obviously really exciting stuff...

Today I thought I'd share some nursery inspiration and see if y'all have any suggestions for me! I had such a hard time coming up with a plan for our baby boy's nursery. Maybe I'm still a little intimidated about being a boy mom? I'm not into the overly boy-ish themes or bright colors so I decided to stick to something somewhat neutral and calming for Rowan's room. 

After looking through what seemed like a billion shades of grey paint, I finally narrowed it down. Whew! Our top contenders are Benjamin Moore Grey Owl and Wickham Grey. It really helped that I was able to get some swatches of the bedding and rocker that I like before committing to anything.

Coloring is a little warm in this picture, thanks iPhone 4s!


I think I want the room to be a cute mixture of old and new details, hence the antique dresser mixed with the modern zinc letter. I love the Pottery Barn rocker so we are trying to go low budget on other items to make up for that!
Zinc Letter. Braided Basket. Elephant Rocker. Tiered Basket.
Elephant Print (with changes to coloring). Crib. Star Crib Sheet.
Quilted Bedding. Wingback Rocker.

I'm also loving some of Oh Hello Dear's adorable watercolor elephant prints for the nursery. Though I want to make sure the room doesn't get too theme-y with elephants everywhere you look.

And of course I can't go without a few DIY details for Rowan's nursery! My to-do list includes:
  • Wool Felted Star Mobile (Not sure if I can pull this off but I'm going to try, stay tuned!)
  • Curtains (White with pom pom trim? Blue? Patterned? AH!)
  • Crib skirt
  • Fabric bunting (If I can figure out where I'd want to put it)
  • Throw pillow for on rocker

There isn't a lot of pattern in this nursery plan so I'm hoping I can find something that will jump out at me for an accent pillow or rug. What do y'all think?!

Mamas- what are some of your must haves for the nursery?! The dresser will double as the changing table so I'll definitely be picking up some drawer organizers for that!

21 comments

  1. Your color scheme for the nursery is so perfect!! I love the idea of adding color/patter with the rug - that will be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I love the gray & mixed with the subtle prints and elephants... Perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That elephant print is adorable! I love the colors you've picked out! I feel like I'd do the same thing - simple and neutral. They can pick out their crazy colored room themes when they are older right? You'll definitely be able to add pattern with a rug or even curtains. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this color scheme! We are doing a "star" type theme too! I just put up some metallic star decals on one wall over the weekend and I'm loving it. I can't wait to see your DIY's! Maybe I should do some?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww love the colors! It looks so clean! Great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That rocker is so precious!! Totally worth it! I love your elephant theme. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to a funky/fun patterned rug or maybe some of your fabulous curtains? Can't wait to see how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you have picked out so far! It looks like it will be like the ones I pin ;-) Your friday favorites with that zara scarf and vest......I pretty much need both of those in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving all the gray!! Gray owl is an awesome choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! I'm absolutely loving your nursery inspiration! I love all things grey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute!! love the grey. It is going to be such a sweet nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your theme! It's so soothing!!! Our little guy's nursery is grey with blue/green/and brown accents. It's mountain/forest themed and I love how it's coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the combination of old/new things that you're doing. Isn't using the kreg jig oh so much fun? :) Can't wait to see the nursery when it is complete!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Love your design board. My only additions would be some type of bookshelf element even if its just the wall ledges that you hang. I also haven't had great luck with the dresser in Brody's room as the changing table. Our's is really too high and didn't make for a safe changing table once he got bigger and was rolling over. I end up changing him on floor on the changing pad every time :( So just make sure your changing pad is at a good height for you. Can't wait to see the final products!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of this inspiration... The gray is going to be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously loving this inspiration! The gray is going to be amazing!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your inspiration board! Gray is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE your inspiration for the room!! Very adorable, but still grow easily with him as he gets older too. Super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors! I am obsessed with grey, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Very similar to my nursery scheme! I got that rocker- it actually arrives today so I will let you know how amazing it is!! We also got that crib (great minds think alike) but we haven't put it together yet. I'm loving all your details! I think a fun patterned rug or throw pillow would be good.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness - I love this nursery theme! So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.