Our First Home!

After 8 years of moving, Charleston has won us over. As if 2015 hadn't been good enough to us yet, we're adding the purchase of our very first home to the list.

We're so excited for the new memories we're going to make in this place. I can't wait until Rowan can play tee-ball in the back yard or to watch him and Ruby play together.

I snapped a few photos of the interior so you can see what we're working with. This house is very builder-grade (most of the houses are in our little 'burb... womp womp) but I definitely see some spaces that I can tackle DIY-style.

Like those black appliances? This kitchen is brown and tan all over. Definitely going away at some point. But hey, I got my gas stove! 


For sure adding a fireplace between those windows.  

DIY wainscoting? Yes, please.

It's not a major reno, but the walls need some paint, the floors need redone, and the fixtures need replaced so we can totally handle that.

Paint, a (king size) bed, and dark hardwoods with an area rug. Perfect!

My list of projects is longer than my husband has the patience for, and they will definitely take time, but I can't wait to share them with y'all! There will be a few empty rooms for a while until I can make some decisions, something I'm notoriously terrible at, so I'm sure I'll be asking for your advice!


Now, let the paint color picking and packing commence!

Don't forget to link up this Friday with Stephanie, Laura and I for the first ever Can't Live Without It linkup!

30 comments

  1. Yay! Cheers, homeowners! Congrats!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! So excited for you guys and can't wait to see what you do with the place! Love those wood floors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So exciting to think of Rowan in your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay so exciting!!! Such a gorgeous house! Love the master bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll come over and help you decorate but I'm not helping you paint! Haha So excited you guys are buying a house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am clearly behind but didn't realize you were in Charleston?! So clearly you love it? I am trying to convince my husband we need to move south!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! That house is great and I cannot wait to see everything you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats :) That's so exciting for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats again!! I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to see it all DIY'ed up! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! It's beautiful! What an exciting year :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a first time home owner is SO exciting! The house looks great! I love the dark floors and the large master. Congratulations Caitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats! so exciting! why is picking paint colors the absolute worst??? good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh congrats!!! The home is beautiful!! Can't wait to see how you decorate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooo exciting!! Congratulations to your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations!! Personally I love a builder grade house. Such a gorgeous blank slate to start with and no rush to get it all done :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay yay yay!! So excited for you all, I love the house! It has great bones and I can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! Can't wait to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations! It's beautiful and looks like a great place for your family to grow!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just saw this post, you are going to have so much fun with that house!! Your own place to decorate and not worry about a landlord haha. I wish we would have bought our house after Sophie was born, but I've had our house before I even met my husband, so the house is not perfect for a husband and a baby.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.