Life Lately

I have to admit, lately the only thing I can focus on is finishing the damn nursery dresser, the beast took FOUR coats of paint. I'll spare you the unexciting DIY details for later. So since I'm kind of stuck on that until its done (hopefully today or tomorrow.. woo!), y'all get this random assortment of life updates.

If you continue reading until the end, you're a trooper.

- It's the first official week of Fall and I've barely decorated the house. DIY project supplies have been purchased but remain untouched. So unlike me. I told you the dresser redo is bringing me down.

Here it is with one coat of paint when I was so excited thinking I was almost done.
Note the dryer sheets inside... it smelled like grandma's house.
- Before I was pregnant I thought people just made up the "nesting instinct." It sounded like an excuse (that I absolutely planned on using) to buy a bunch of cute baby clothes and accessories, organize them, then call it nesting. But nesting is for real.

- I realized that the color scheme for the nursery is the same color scheme of our master bedroom. Weird? I mean I guess we really like blue, gray, and white.

- Ruby is 10 weeks off of her second ACL surgery. She is getting back to her normal, mischievous self. She still can't jump on furniture so she stands in front of the couch and/or bed waiting for us to pick her up. On the days she feels brave enough to jump, she hits the side of the couch and we run over to help her, both laughing and feeling bad at the same time that she can't do it.


- I have been loving Etsy for all things baby boy lately. I'll share some of my favorite shops soon and there's a giveaway in the works, so stay tuned mamas!

- Tonight I'm heading to a Charleston Blogger Night out event. I'm so excited! Now I just need to find a dress to fit this growing bump and figure out how to work it with my rain boots. The weather has been relentless here lately.

And on that rainy day note, I feel like coudling on the couch with some tea is entirely necessary right now. Hope y'all are still awake after this!

16 comments

  1. So happy to hear that Ruby is getting back to her normal self! And I totally agree that painting takes over the brain. It's literally A-L-L I can think about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blogger event will be so much fun!! Can't wait to see what etsy items you've bought!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great even, I'm sure you'll have fun. I've always heard about nesting....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sweet little Ruby, glad she is doing better! Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww! have fun at the event tonight! I haven't decorated at all for fall, and now I'm beginning to think I won't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah aw poor Ruby but she'll get there! Not even preg and no clue what to wear tonight!? Holy rain storm best stop! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As excited as I am tonight I'm not excited about being downtown in this nasty rain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this- can't wait to see your fav Etsy shops too! Enjoy tonight! I so wish we had stuff like that around here! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear Ruby is feeling better! We painted a dresser for Miller's room and it took 5 coats of paint and to top it off... one year later it's all chipping!!! We decided that we might have a professional re-do it for us. So so frustrating. We think it has something to do with the age of the wood because it was an antique that used to belong to my grandma. Isn't nesting funny?! It's just this crazy urge to get stuff organized and cleaned!! I remember thinking what is wrong with me and just going room by room re-organizing stuff last year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that color scheme too, and I'm sure it will look fabulous in the nursery. Have fun at your blogger meet-up tonight...we're doing an NYC bloggers brunch in October, and I already can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay a for the dresser being almost done! I'm impressed:) have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That dresser looks great! And glad your baby pup is getting better -- my little dog sometime hits the side and it's so pitiful but funny all at the same time!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's like he'll have a miniture version of your room! Glad to hear Ruby is recooperating. Love her!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for Etsy and baby boy clothes :) Have fun at the blogger event tonight. That should be lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My BFF is having her baby shower for a little boy in October so I can't wait to hear your favorites!! I have only really shopped for girls so I'm excited for tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo... Please share your favorite boy shops!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.