Lake Geneva + Chicago Recap

Happy September! I hope you all had a fun Labor Day weekend! Personally I'm functioning a little slow today after a five-day weekend. 

On Thursday I headed up to Chicago to visit my sister-in-law for a girls weekend. We don't get together much and it was so much fun catching up and pampering ourselves!

We stayed at the Abbey Resort near Lake Geneva in Wisconsin for two nights before heading back to Chicago. Lake Geneva has a cute little downtown area so we explored that area for a day and got our nails done at the Jasmine Salon.



We also headed out to Staller Estate Winery, which was such a charming winery and reminded me a little of our winery trips in Virginia. The vineyards were surrounded by cornstalks and the tasting room was in a pretty red barn.



It was weird not being able to drink wine at the winery, but I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in bread and cheese. My sister-in-law and her friend who joined us said the wine was really delicious. Thanks ladies, just rub it in!



After doing some shopping at a huge indoor outlet mall we headed back towards Chicago for a quick day of sightseeing. We walked around Millenium Park before heading to North Beach.

Some water fountain face thing? Mama needed a break at this point, Chicago is HUGE!

Have I mentioned I hate photos by myself? #Nerd
The skyline was gorgeous and I honestly cannot get over how massive the city of Chicago is! I managed to have some Portillo's italian beef and Gino's deep dish pizza. Yum! I wish we had more time to explore and hit up some more of the restaurant recommendations y'all shared... definitely next time!


Lots of jazz music being played and the scent of weed in the air. Nice.
I am now back to the 3545 percent humidity in Charleston. To say I'm excited for cooler temps like we had in the Windy City would be an understatement! I'm looking forward to seeing Chicago again, maybe next Christmas if we're brave enough to introduce Rowan to his first Northern winter!

13 comments

  1. Totally jealous of your trip! That winery is so pretty and the skyline... gorgeous!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Looks/sounds like an amazing way to spend a 5 day weekend. Hope you're feeling good. You look super cute!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelfiestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That winery looks so beautiful! It would totally suck to go to one and not be able to drink! Talk about torture! I never realized what a pretty city Chicago is. You got some great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That winery is soo pretty and yes I agree with Ally ^^ Great pictures though and glad you enjoyed the weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank goodness the humidity will be gone sooner than later as your pregnancy continues. God help those women 8 months this time of year! Chicago is such a go-to on our bucket list for travel destinations. Love your sightseeing outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! Your bump is ADORABLE and you look great! I cannot wait for cooler weather to head to the South :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah, Chicago looks gorgeous! Looks like a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't Lake Geneva beautiful?? Glad you loved Chicago! :)

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved our trip to Chicago and have always wanted to go back for another trip. Mainly for the pizza ;) So much fun..your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chicago is such a fun city! My husband and I are heading there in a couple weekends and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun girls trip!!! I love the picture of you at the bean with your little bean in your belly!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could go for Portillo's right now!! So glad you had a fun trip and I love your bump pic at the Bean! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a great trip!! I really want to go back to Chicago someday.

    Nikki
    thefashionablewife.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.