Weekend in Photos

I hope you all had a fun weekend! I managed to finish shopping before the masses came out on Saturday, which made me pretty thrilled to get out relatively unscathed, finish wrapping gifts, and relax for the rest of this week.

The shopping adventure wouldn't have been complete without at least one woman telling me my bump is "really out there" and asking me whether my doctor "checked me for twins." It took all of my Christmas cheer to be nice to her and point out that there is in fact a 4+ pound baby in there. Jerk.

On Saturday, Ally hosted Shelby, Jillian, Ashley and I for a cookie and gift exchange. I love these girls and I'm so glad blogging got us all together!

 
Ally's house looked couldn't have looked more perfect and festive! Everyone brought an appetizer and the spread was seriously amazing. I was such a fatty eating it all and chugging my sparkling grape juice. #notsorry

I brought this slow cooker artichoke and spinach dip, it was super easy to throw together and was really good. I just transferred it into a bread bowl to make it look prettier.


For my cookies, I made vanilla pizzelles. Has anyone had them before? Sometimes they are made with anise but I love the vanilla. The recipe makes about 14,0000 pizzelles so I was happy to pawn them off on everyone before I ate them all.

I wrapped them up using some free labels from Minted and they were ready to go!

Thanks to my prego brain I forgot my camera card, so we set up my iPhone with the timer to grab a quick group photo. And yes, I squeezed into a non-maternity blouse. It was a tad tight and I look particularly large here, but I'm totally over wearing my maternity clothes at this point.

Thanks again to Ally for being such a perfect hostess!

The hubs and I rounded out the weekend with a visit from his family, toured downtown Charleston with them, and ate way too much food. I think I'm starting to notice a theme...

Now I'm ready to wear pajamas all day, everyday. Who is with me?!

15 comments

  1. I have no idea why people feel the need to say things to others about their bodies- pregnant or not. It's just rude! Your Christmas party looks like it was SO much fun! Drooling over the spread, everything looked ahhhmazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, that was the most annoying when I was pregnant. Someone once told me my belly was "so small" and "if the baby was ok" WTH - so rude! Love the pictures of you girls - sounds like you had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People honestly don't know what to say when you are pregnant. The party looks like so much fun. I too forgot my camera card this weekend, and I can't even blame it on pregnancy brain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cookie packaging is adorable! and the food inside looks amazing as well! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am taking off work tomorrow & getting my house clean... & will be in PJ's the whole time :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously think that most people are born with out a mouth filter... It's too frustrating. On the bright side, your Christmas party looked like so much fun! Looking at all the food made me hungry! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had so much fun at the cookie exchange! your cookies were sooo good...im really glad you skipped the anise ;) have a great christmas! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, why are people SO rude?! I had a woman ask me if I was having twins and actually told me I was really big at 19 weeks. Really? You do not look like you are having twins and look great! Your cookie exchange looks like so much fun and I love the ribbon and stickers you used on yours! Hope you have a good week lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was such a fun party!! I took the pizzelles over to my mom's house last night and everyone devoured them in minutes. I had to get the cookies out of my house!! Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  10. That lady. Rude.
    But the rest of the weekend looks oh so super lovely!
    Merry Christmas, dearest! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, that dip! Sounds like a pretty great weekend and lucky you for having all your shopping done before the weekend.

    P.S. I’m giving away a Hamilton Beach Stack and Snap Food Processor on the blog. Hope you join in the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah your dip was heavenly! Send me or post that recipe please!! I had such a fun time and know you'll put those bitches in their place the next time they try to sass little old you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun night! Forget the rude lady... #byehaters I can’t stop eating the pizzelles... SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a fantastic night!! All you ladies look fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. People are stupid sometimes. Good job not knocking her out lol
    Your get together looked like so much fun, and delicious, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.