30 Weeks + Mini Nursery Update!


How far along: 30 weeks! 10 more to go!

Size of Baby: Butternut Squash (About 17 inches and 3.1 lbs)

Gender: all things blue

Best moment this week: Most definitely Thanksgiving and our baby shower! We were totally spoiled by friends and family so now we have most of what we need. Just a few more things left to pick up and get organized!

Weight gain: I refuse to look after all the food I stuffed into my pregnant face this past week...

Maternity clothes: Mostly maternity with a few extra big sweaters thrown in
 
Stretch marks: Still in the clear (from what I can see) but lathering up with Mama Bee's Belly Butter every chance I get

Belly button in or out: In and almost flat

Wedding Rings on or off: Off most of the time :(

Sleep: Great aside from the 2-3 pee breaks each night. Love having my bump nest to support the belly

Miss anything: Definitely missed wine with my Thanksgiving dinner this year

Movement: Lots of shifting and kicking going on. The babe is still (very obviously) transverse so I get a lot of kicks on my hip bones and the bump looks super crazy when he stretches in both directions.

Cravings: Any type of food, so hungry!

Symptoms: Getting tired much more easily these days. My back and feet get sore more often and I feel like I'm peeing constantly, but overall I feel great.

Labor Signs: None so far, not even a BH contraction. I know I have time for him to change position, but I'm really hoping he moves head down soon so I can stop stressing!

Nursery: We finally have our rocker! I was nervous about the grey rocker with grey walls but I think with a white throw and a little pillow it will break it up a bit.

Now we need an ottoman. What do y'all think? White morrocan pouf or something with a pattern like this or this?


We ended up going with the Charleston Rocker from Pottery Barn Kids (pretty appropriate name, right?!) in the "Dove Gray" Washed Grainsack fabric. The fabric and color was kind of by default... it turns out if you purchase this or one other fabric/chair combination and have it shipped to the store, you can save on shipping and surcharge costs ($140!). Plus we got 20% off with the Friends and Family sale, so it made it kind of a no brainer. It's so comfortable, I absolutely love it!

Looking forward to: Our ultrasound tomorrow and putting up Rowan's Christmas stocking! I also cannot wait to start baby laundry with all the cute onesies and sleepers we got this past weekend... we're getting so close!


19 comments

  1. 10 weeks to go??? You're getting so close! Can't wait to see more of the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that rocker and my vote is for the white poof! Can't wait to see the nursery come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a wonderful baby shower, you are getting so close!! I really like the white pouf, his nursery is going to be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GAH I should've hit up that Friends and Family sale! IN LOVE with your rocker. I fell in love with a gray one they had in store last weekend. AHHHH!! And I feel ya on missing the vino this past week. I was wanting some red paired with my meal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! I need help dressing this bump. It's hard! Love the rocker and I really like the first grey poof you linked up! Can't wait to see it all together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for getting such a great deal on that gorgeous rocker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30 weeks! I feel like that came fast! That grey rocker looks so comfy, good find! Love the light grey and white theme that you're going with for the nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh you are so close! Your belly is adorable :) Congrats on the baby shower and all the new goodies

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking great! Love the Rocker! We still haven't picked one totally slacking. I absolutely love the mama's bee butter too. And don't worry you're not the only one refusing to weigh herself after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, when you say butternut squash-sized, I definitely can picture that baby getting close to ready to come on out. You're soo close! That rocker will be amazing to have in just a few short months, lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good chair is so important! Yay for 10 more weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bump is so cute! And that rocker is awesome! I'm so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the chair, the colou ris amazing

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the chair that you guys picked!! You're getting close girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I bought that white pouf for our nursery! In the end, I chose it over some others for a variety of reasons. One, I thought that it was pretty neutral and would work for any potential children down the road or can be used in a "big kid" room and not just a nursery. But ultimately, I chose it over the fabric because it can be easily wiped down to clean it. I figured fabric could get stained and dirty. It's a great height and very comfortable to prop my feet up on when I'm sitting in our rocker!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.