2014: A Year to Remember

2014, you've been so good to us. Actually, "good" doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm having trouble finding the right word because I can only think about how grateful and blessed we feel for the amazing moments we were fortunate to experience this year.

Like any year there have been some tough times, but 2014 makes it hard to imagine how next year could possibly be any better. And yet, it most definitely will be. Things are about to get a whole lot more crazy, that's for sure!

We celebrated our first wedding anniversary in Europe

Rome (Part 1 + Part 2). Siena. Florence. Venice. Paris (Part 1 + Part 2).

The trip of a lifetime is the only way to describe our European adventure. It was our first trip together across the pond and spending that time with my husband before we started a family was absolutely everything we hoped it would be. If you're considering a trip like this next year, don't think... just book!

We made some truly amazing friends thanks to this little blog


Blogger Night at Moon + Lola

I was 20 weeks here, back when I thought I had a bump. Boy was I wrong!

We vacationed, spent time with family, and played tourist in our own city

Florida. Pennsylvania. Charleston. Chicago.

Asheville.
We made a baby

Coming February 2015...

Found out he is most definitely a boy and showered him with love

It's a Boy. Baby Shower.

We also purchased a new SUV (read: mama + baby mobile) on a whim before looking at any other options. Mostly because mama was tired and hungry and just wanted to get out of there. Not really... but kind of.

These are just the highlights, they don't even begin to touch the seemingly insignificant moments from this year where I put down my camera and soaked in every second of it.  

I don't have resolutions for 2015. Lord knows I will struggle just to keep my head on straight once this babe makes his appearance! If I can manage a shower and not smell like spit up for a half a second a day, I'll take that over anything else. (It's all about low expectations, right?)

And I couldn't talk about being grateful without thanking those of you who follow along. It's truly amazing how this "blogosphere" has become more than just a creative outlet for me, but a place where I've met so many wonderful, supportive people like you! Thanks for being there, friends :)

Wishing you all a very fun, festive, and safe New Year's Eve!


14 comments

  1. Such a great year for you guys (so jealous of the Europe trip)and can't wait to see that little fella of yours in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a great year and so glad I was able to be part of it! So happy to have met you through blogging, who would have thought?! Have a great NYE friend!!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on not doing any resolutions for next year! Keeping a baby alive and surviving is at the top of my list. lol. Your year looks fantastic! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo many wonderful things!! cheers to LOTS of great memories in 2015 :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to a happy and healthy 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're year looks like it was amazing! Hope your next is just as good if not better

    ReplyDelete
  7. New Years resolutions are such a long shot for me... I'd much rather make monthly goals and go from there! I hope 2015 is just as wonderful and blessed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "we made a baby"... your 2015 is going to be so exciting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for a great 2014!! I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store for you and that sweet new baby you'll have! Happy New Year girl!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful year it has been for you both! 2015 sounds like it will be filled with lots of love with your new babe on the way. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo excited for what 2015 will bring you! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah love your expectations... showers totally need to come second (or third or fifth) to the amazing snuggles in your near future. So glad to have you in my life, as well! Cheers to 2015 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an exciting year! So happy to have met you and I cannot wait to see the joy that your sweet little babe will bring to you and your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely a huge year for you guys but next year will be even bigger!! Can't wait for little Rowan to make his appearance! And I think you've officially convinced me on our Europe trip - now I just need to get Nick there, too :) Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.