Quick DIY :: Christmas Tree Bow

So it's the last Friday before Christmas which means I'll be rushing to finish Christmas shopping, wrapping gifts, baking cookies, and generally losing my mind with traffic like a million other people out there this weekend! I've also got a girls night tomorrow which I'm so excited about, but I need some appetizer suggestions... anyone have some good ones?

I wanted to thank those of you who linked up with Lisa, Annie, Katie, and me for the holiday series. I'd say it was a huge success! I absolutely loved all of your Christmas posts this week, so festive!

I had a lot of questions about how I made the bow on top of our Christmas tree (see more photos here) so I thought I'd do a quick tutorial!

Easy Christmas Tree Bow tutorial

I don't have any of the ribbon I used left over, so we're working with a less pretty version which makes it look a little messy. Get yourself ribbon that isn't see-through mesh, something with some thickness to it so it holds its form. 

You will need: One roll of 2.5" ribbon with a wire trim, floral wire, and scissors.

Christmas Tree Bow tutorial

When you're making the loops, you could actually do them accordion-style or just make a circle with the ribbon and pinch in the middle. It will get you the same bow, but making the circle might be a tad easier.

It's a really easy bow to make, but it took me a while because I'm a total perfectionist with getting the loops in the right place! You can also make smaller versions of this bow to throw on your Christmas presents and totally impress your friends and family. 

And now let the holiday madness ensue. Someone have a giant glass of wine for me, k?

18 comments

  1. That DIY Christmas bow is so cute! I don't have anything on the top of my tree right now so that would be perfect!!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK - you made that look easy. I need to try it & show what a failure someone can do with that :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO impressed with that bow, you go girl!! I am going to have to try this- my attempt was a different technique and also a fail lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute bow!!
    i say go with the fries ;) or a dip?! those are usually pretty easy (and tasty!) see you tomorrow. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Here's a round up of a few apps if you need inspiration! Hooray for Christmas!
    http://www.katiesperk.blogspot.com/2014/08/lets-talk-tailgating.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to try this tonight!!! I am determined to figure this out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so crafty!! I would never think I could make my own bow!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Tree Topper!! Thanks for the help!!
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I would've seen this before making mine this year. I loved the way it turned out and it has the same effect/design as yours, but it took me forever. I redid it like 5 times!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You bow is gorgeous!! I need to try making my own next year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bow is FAB-ulous!!! And so is the tree, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great. We went without a topper this year. Actually a squirrel or two ate ours and I just couldn't pull it together and buy another -- more like every time I went to the store I either forgot or didn't like what they had. Oh well.

    P.S. I’m giving away a Hamilton Beach Stack and Snap Food Processor on the blog. Hope you join in the fun!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bow on your tree! I make bows like that for presents but never have tried a larger one for tree. I might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. THAT is how you do a bow! Genius! And I'm going to be referring to this many times in the future now cause ain't nobody got time for a half-ass bow like I've made in the past ha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an easy and fun bow to make! Such a fun way to top a tree!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been making bows (unsuccessfully) for a while now and never thought to cut the triangle parts of the middle. Genius!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for this!!! Definitely giving it a try next year, this actually looks too easy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You make it look so easy! I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.