Friday Favorites

Happy Friday, friends! I am not sure if I've ever been so excited for a Friday to roll around, so lets get to it! I'm linking up again with Christina and the Five on Friday crew for my favorites from the week!

Christmas Decor

I'm feeling really behind on Christmas decorating this year. I never realized how much effort it takes for a 7+ month pregnant girl to string lights on a tree. Lets just say there were lots of swear words, breaks, and huffing and puffing... But I'm getting excited to see it all come together, including the newest addition to our stocking collection!

More (and better) pictures to come!

Candlefish

The sweet folks at Candlefish in downtown Charleston were sweet enough to send this candle along with some matches this week and it smells amazing! Certainly makes writing out baby shower thank yous a little more enjoyable. It makes me excited for their holiday candle workshop next week, stay tuned! You can check out their shop here and if you're local, make sure you stop by... I'm thinking these would be great gift ideas!

Kate Spade Stevie Baby Bag Hack


I know a lot of mamas with the Stevie baby bag (wait for the 75% off sale!) and the only bad thing I've ever heard about it is that it does not have a crossbody strap. So I took matters into my own hands and purchased this strap, attached it to the hooks where the stroller straps are, and called it a day. It may not be super glam but it works so don't be deterred if you're considering this bag! (There are a lot of other strap options, just check Amazon!)

Weekend Projects

This weekend I've got a ton on the to-do list, the most important task is baking cookies. I'm also planning to update the blog a bit and work on a Christmas DIY for our final holiday linkup on December 16th!

DIY No Sew Christmas Pillow
To hold y'all over until then (I know you're just dying to know what I've got in store... right?) I wanted to share my favorite Christmas DIY from last year, this no-sew deer pillow! It's still going strong on our couch this year!

Must have soup

Tomato Basil Tortellini Soup via Foodie Crush
This soup is no doubt going on our menu this weekend, it looks so delicious! I'll report back next week on whether mine looks as pretty too. #doubtful

This mama is off to rest some before another Christmas decorating kick comes along, I hope you all have a great weekend!

20 comments

  1. Oh yum, that soup looks so good! I make a very similar one but without the mozz balls - what isn't made better by cheese?! That candle-making workshop sounds like so much fun, I might have to see if I can look into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all the way down to the soup! I do love that bag and I'm considering that one as my choice so thanks for the helpful hint! Love your decor girl and hope yall have a great weekend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pillow is just too cute and so festive!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that diaper bag!! It is perfect :)
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww love your baby stocking! That's such a good idea with that diaper bag. I've been looking for a good tortellini soup recipe too! Thanks for sharing and have a fab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! What a cute pillow!! And that diaper bag is classic. I just made the plunge on Cyber Monday and bought a Lily Jade and am loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm i want that soup! your stockings are SOOO cute! i still need to buy one for violet but I think I want to meet her first and try to pick out something that fits her personality since our the stockings we already have don't match. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness does that soup look delicious!! Love your Christmas stockings! I've been drooling over that style of stocking for a few years and just haven't bought them. They look so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea on the baby bag! I almost bought that bag, but did not buy it for that EXACT reason! I am totally going to look into that....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so impressed with all the DIYs and decorating your're doing that pregnant!! Great idea on the Stevie bag- a cross body makes life so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  11. No sew project? I'm all about that - gotta check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum to that soup! I've got the candle from CF in my car unlit (obvi hah) and it smells soo good. You're too smart with the strap change-out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, now I'm ready for lunch and it's only 10 am.m here on the left coast! I considered that bag, but went with the Petunia Pickle Bottom

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh and now I need to try this tortellini soup! Love the addition of the mozzarella balls! Yay for a Rowan stocking - we have the same ones and they're the best! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That soup looks so good! Will Steve eat it? So smart to add a crossbody strap. Lugging a purse on my arm already kills after a few hours I can't imagine trying to hold a kid as well! Can't wait for the Candlefish party!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How perfect is that bag! And that soup looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That soup looks amazing!!! And love love love that Kate Spade baby bag! So chic!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That no-sew pillow is just what I need! Not to mention it fits the plaid crave that's been going on perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the pillow! Great work! Your Christmas stockings are so cute! Have a great weekend!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh your living room decor looks perfect!! Since I can't sew to save my life - that pillow DIY is right up my alley!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.