Spring in Charleston

I hope you all had a fab weekend! First I just wanted to thank you for your sweet comments and well wishes for Ruby. It never ceases to amaze me how many great people there are within the blogging community and I feel lucky to be a part of it. I can't thank you all enough!

This weekend my husband and I took shifts getting out of the house so that someone could always be home with Ruby. Steve went golfing Saturday which meant I got to enjoy some time downtown with Ally on King Street and at the Battery. It was the most perfect Spring day for walking around, grabbing a table outside for lunch, exploring the side streets and deciding which house I'd buy if I had a couple million to spend...


So where to start with this Second Sunday on King Street thing? I love that the street was closed off because the sidewalks there are narrow and its so nice having room to walk and enjoy the scenery.

Also, its the South, so there were so many older ladies dressed to the hilt with their Derby-style hats and dresses. Many of said ladies were pushing dog strollers or carrying a sling with a 2 pound Pomeranian strapped to their chest. Y'all, I've never seen so many dog strollers in one day...


After we perused some shops and had lunch, we headed toward the Battery to explore a little. The flowers are in full bloom so it was beautiful walking around White Point Gardens.

The houses along the gardens are the biggest I've ever seen. Of course they all have giant porches, huge windows, and gas lanterns that add to the charm. 

This one is for sale and can be yours for just $6 million.
 
It was so relaxing just to walk around and soak in the sun. It seems like Spring might be here to stay so I'm looking forward to more weekends downtown in our future! Got to get myself out of the 'burbs every once and a while!


20 comments

  1. You took some great pics! Thinking about the weekend makes me so sad it's Monday :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS photos! i really love downtown charleston!!
    and dog strollers?!?! hilarious!
    xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look beautiful!!! Love the shots of the beautiful homes and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous pictures! Looks like amazing weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours and Ally's posts are making me jealous, perfect weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures!! The gardens look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to go on a Charleston trip with my man sometime! Love that city so much!!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute dress and beautiful photos! Best of luck with Ruby's surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kelly!! The dress is from J. Crew Factory :)

      Delete
  9. Loving your pictures! We are heading to Charleston on our honeymoon in June, so I am definitely super excited now after seeing your pictures. If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear of great spots to eat, shop and site-see.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! I'm dying to go to Charleston sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! You should definitely visit, its beautiful in the Spring and Fall but very hot in the summer :)

      Delete
  11. Yesterday was absolutely a gorgeous day for Second Sunday on King. So fun! Did you use your phone for the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like so much fun! Gorgeous houses, flowers, and weather--what a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I went to Charleston for the first time this past March and I am just in love with it!! Love all the homes near the garden and well...everywhere for that matter!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to visit Charleston it looks so...well charming! Love the southern style homes with the big porches. I wish that was a more popular style in California :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, no! What happened to Ruby? I totally missed it. Hope she's ok!
    Gorgeous photos of an amazing city and it's scenary!
    I'm hosting a swap that benefits mental health awareness- stop by to sign up!

    ~Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every time I go downtown, I say the same thing...definitely need to get down there more often!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love the Battery! Ahh, I want to go back to Charleston like NOW!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.