Easter... Picnic?

I may or may not be getting way ahead of myself by all this picnic talk but the weather is so perfect right now I couldn't resist. If you wait until summer to picnic in Charleston you'll be dripping with sweat and getting attacked by mosquitoes. Gross.

One of the things that bothers me most about living so far from family is that we miss out on visiting for Easter dinner or Mother's Day brunch. Since Ruby will be recovering from her surgery we're planning to have a little picnic in our back yard for Easter.

Honestly, we don't picnic often.  In fact, the last time we tried to picnic with Ruby at the beach, she single-handedly knocked over our drinks and dug right smack next to the blanket, throwing sand in all of our food. Unfortunately we forgot the booze that day so ummm, lesson learned.

If all goes well this time, maybe we'll be able to do this a little more. It's still a picnic if its in our backyard, right?!
 1 (cheaper version here). 2. 3. 4. 5. 6 (this one is great too!).
These are just some of my favorite picnic accessories! Of course, don't forget some acrylic wine glasses. We have a few of these and they come in handy, especially if you get clumsy after a glass or two! And if you're not having wine, I love these floral paper straws with a mason jar!

Also, you can't beat the food boxes and wooden flatware. They get bonus points for being as cute as they are easy to cleanup! 

So what are your Easter plans? Anyone else into the picnic thing?

20 comments

  1. what a fabulous idea! i love the idea of a picnic, but we will just be doing a brunch. maybe we'll eat outside, if it isnt snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Target has the cutest picnic baskets right now. I definitely slow down my walk every time I walk by...sigh. How fun would an Easter picnic be!? Love it!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute idea! Sadly, we never picnic but after seeing your post this I really want to! I have some similar acrylic berry baskets from World Market that I love and use all the time. That Ikea throw is one of my favorites, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Y'all should go to Azalea park for your picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picnic idea! This post has inspired me to take the Easter brunch outside and enjoy the weather! Thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a genius idea!! I honestly would love to do that one year - but hopefully we'll be celebrating outside in warm weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't know what we'll be doing for Easter yet. I love picnics, they really are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! Love that striped blanket to lay out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those wine glass holders are pure genius!! I love it, I'm going to add those to my picnic basket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute way to celebrate Easter. If you want to picnic in our back yard, you can have the soothing background noise of barking x 3 please incessant meowing to get outside hah. Full menu details afterwards please!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yah! i love a good picnic! that basket you picked out is super cute. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  12. An Easter Picnic sounds like it could be the start of a fun tradition when you're not visiting family! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the berry basket!! And that picnic basket.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I actually love the idea of an Easter picnic!! My hubby and I don't have family in the area, so this could be a fun treat for us :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all these picnic accessories! We love a good picnic. So glad you shrared these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love picnics! I love the idea to have one in your own backyard too :) Hopefully Ruby cooperates!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool picnic basket! I love how it collapses too! We will be spending Easter with our families doing brunch at a country club... It's become a tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been lusting after that berry basket for a year now! These are such cute picnic accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the wine glass stakes! Bummer you don't get to spend Easter with your family :( We are headed to the in laws this weekend in the country. I am looking forward to pulling the "I'm Pregnant" card and not doing anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute idea! Those wine glass stakes are genius!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.