Thank Goodness..

It's Friday!! It seems like every week gets busier and busier so I am beyond excited for a 3-day weekend! As usual, I'm linking up with the Christina, April, and the Five on Friday girls for my favorites from the week.

Birthday Gift to myself

So I've been sitting on some Amazon gift cards that my wonderful family gave to me for my birthday and Christmas this year and I was totally torn on what to get. My options were a sewing machine, Rayban Wayfairers, or a 50mm camera lens. I opted for... drum roll please... a sewing machine. How lame/old am I?!

The camera lens was a tough one to pass up, but until I get the hang of my current lens, I thought I could put that purchase off a few more months. And the Raybans... well, those require more effort to keep them from breaking and getting scratched like all of my cheap sunnies, and I wasn't sure that at 27 years old I am up for that responsibility.

Charleston Blogger meetup


I finally had a chance to meet some of my favorite local bloggers, Megan, Ally, and Shelby. We took advantage of restaurant week and a few glasses of wine last night at Al Di La. These girls are the absolute sweetest and have helped me out so much since we first moved here, it was great to finally meet them and I can't wait for our next night out :) It still baffles me that blogging has opened up opportunities like this to connect with these ladies and the rest of you! Love it!

Cross-Body Bags

J. Crew Tartline Mini-Satchel 

I've been on the search for a cross-body bag that will hold my DSLR while we're in Europe, and I'm having a hard time deciding. I picked up this purse from J. Crew while it was on sale and I wanted to share it with you all because its gorgeous! Unfortunately the blush seems sold out but if it comes back in stock, snatch it up! I'm still a little on the fence because it barely fits my camera (if I keep it in a small case) so until I make up my mind, the hunt continues...

Looking ahead to Spring

{via}
Is it just me or does this outfit make you so excited for Spring?! We have a mild winter here so I can't complain but I'm still excited for all of the spring colors and the nautical look, it never gets old! 

This...

{via}
I saw this last night and it hit me that I've been trying to do way too much and it made me so scatterbrained this week. I need to focus on limiting my to-do list or managing my time better on the weekends to accomplish everything. Does anyone else feel like this sometimes?

P.S. I apologize to those of you who commented on posts this week and haven't heard back! I love, love reading your comments so keep them coming and I promise I will do better :) I'm also really looking forward to catching up on all your blogs this weekend!

I hope you all have a great weekend! Only one more in January... how is that possible?!

20 comments

  1. Have you ever looked into JoTotes or Kelly Moore? They're camera bags that look like a handbag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun meeting you last night! I already told Theo we're going to Madra Rua next weekend! I think you and Steve would love it! That J. Crew bag is so cute. I love the blush color! Have a great weekend friend!! Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that bag, and YAY for a sewing machine! I just got one, and I'm so excited to make all our curtains now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that J. Crew bag! How fun meeting other bloggers. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is adorable!! I have a bigger camera as well, a Nikon 1, just a point and shoot, but it has a bigger lense on it and it's so hard to find a decent bag that will fit the camera and other essentials, please do share if you pick a different one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would totally pick a sewing machine too. Though a camera lens would be tough to give up. I really want to learn how to sew though! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so ready for spring too! I found your blog from megans :)
    Love that jcrew purse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that bag! JCREW bags always last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A sewing machine is a great investment- esp when you have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got the cross body Allison Mint Jo Tote and love it cause it fits my camera and a few extra lenses! Also, I am a new blogger myself in Columbia, SC and would love to be able to meet some other bloggers that aren't too far away some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been checking out the Jo Totes, those look perfect so I might have to commit!! If you're ever in the area let me know, otherwise I'll get in touch with you if we plan something for over the weekend that way you can join! :)

      Delete
  11. So, so great to meet you last night! A few glasses of wine is an understatement ha. We'll have to do it again soon. Can't wait to see some upcoming sewing projects! Have a great weekend, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that bag!! And adore that it can fit your camera. I would def invest in the 50mm before your trip. It's one of my favorite lenses! I am so jealous of your blogger meetup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the bag. I use a Jo Totes bag since they are designed specifically for cameras (with padding) but look like regular bags. You should check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That cross-body is fabulous!! Such a good find!

    And girl, I am dying for spring... Looking forward to wearing some clothes for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously jealous of yall's awesome bloggy date!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been wanting a sewing machine lately!! Jealous!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jealous of your fun blogger dinner! Maybe I should move to SC haha! And I bought my sewing machine at 21....so old.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.