Lessons from the Weekend

I will feel terrible the day after drinking just 4 beers. Also I will get approximately nothing accomplished the day after drinking said beers.

P.S. Stole this photo from you Ally! :)
My husband and I met Ally and her hubs for drinks Friday night at Madra Rua and it was SO much fun!! I'm pretty sure the men were quoting movies the whole night in between taking digs at Ally and I for blogging. I know for a fact they both said to each other, "Did we just become best friends?!" Anyway, after 3 or so hours of laughs and getting to know each other, I had 4 beers. And I felt it the next day. Ugh. I'd hate to think what I'd feel like if I tried to relive my college days...

I'm really bad at explaining what a "Some E Card" is. 

{via}
Blame it on the old lady drinking 4 beers but I just could not manage to explain this Some E Card without confusing the hell out everyone at the table.

Even though I was fed up with my long hair, I felt sad seeing it get chopped off.


I honestly felt like Felicity when I got my haircut Saturday. Also, a lot of my friends had strong emotions about me cutting it. I must not have looked good when it was short for the majority of my life, and they are just now hinting this to me. I promise the left side isn't longer than the right... it just looks that way in this photo!

Charleston's snow and ice preparedness is about zero percent compared to every place I've lived up North.

Snowmageddon, 2010
We're supposed to get snow and a wintry mix here tomorrow, and people are panicking, for good reason. I don't think they own any salt around these parts, so what would be a simple dusting for my family up North is a Snowmageddon 2.0 waiting to happen here. At least it won't look like the last Snowmageddon we lived through, in Washington, DC circa February 2010.

When there are no football games on in a weekend, my husband re-watches old Super Bowl games. 
 
Because we haven't seen those clips replayed enough since 1979.

Meanwhile I made curtains and baked for most of Sunday afternoon... woo! More on that soon! Hope you all had a great weekend!

23 comments

  1. So jelly of your blogger date with Ally! Snowmageddon sounds seriously dreadful! I can't believe those super low temperatures are still happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband, brother, and cousin ALWAYS say movie/TV show lines to each other every time they're together LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww glad yall had a fun meet up! I want some snow!! Can't wait to see the curtains!! I know they're cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun... love the meet up and the snow pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! You sooo do not look like Felicity after she chopped her hair off. It's cute! I have long hair and sometimes want to get it cut, too but I think I am too attached right now. 4 beers and I feel it the next day, too. WOMP.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look nothing like Felicity!! Your hair looks great! Between Friday and Saturday I needed some recouping. I didn't leave the couch all day Sunday! I can't do it like I used to! Now I get that ecard!! Hahaha We definitely need to get together again soon!! Oh and don't get too excited about snow this week. It probably won't happen. Live in Charleston long enough and you'll realize that quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! I love Felicity! One of my favorite shows growing up! And the hair looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man I want some snow!!! But just a light dusting ha ha, Charleston is probably just like Charlotte - when we get snow on the roads people start driving like they don't have a brain!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks great!!! I feel that way after like two glasses of wine....what happened to the days of all night drinking with just a slight headache in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really like your hair!! i went through the same shock after i cut mine last week but the best thing about hair is that it grows back! you'll get used to the short length soon and dont pay attention to what other ppl say... if you love it short, then keep it short!!!

    it makes me laugh when i see southern states freaking out about "cold" temps. 30 degrees?! it's negative 5 today in chicago. SO over the cold weather and snow. i do feel bad when southern states get snow tho.. since its so hard to clean it up when a city is not prepared. hoping it stays sunny there!

    o and i'd be on the FLOOR if i had 4 beers. haha sad.

    xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jillian!! You're so sweet!! :) We are definitely less prepared down here, but even if it does snow and ice I'm sure it will be gone pretty quick. I would totally be sick of it up there too! I can't even imagine negative 5 degrees... eek! Come visit us in the South and get out of that weather! :)

      Delete
  11. Loving your haircut - if it was as short as Felicity's that's a different story ha. So cute and flattering! Know this 'wintry mix' is a joke so enjoy working at home in pj's for the rest of us who hopefully don't have to commute!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving your new hair cut!! And girl, I am the same way with drinking... I don't even know how I functioned in undergrad - it must be a growing up thing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair looks great! I am the same way! I get so annoyed with my long hair and end up cutting it then I miss it so much and want it back asap!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lauren! I was afraid I might feel like that but so far so good, I definitely don't miss having to use so much conditioner and product! haha

      Delete
  14. The meet up sounds like so much fun! Your short hair is so cute - I love it! Good luck with all the snow and ice!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excited to join the "working from home" club for the next two days! There's no way I'm driving 45 minutes to Kiawah and back in all of "that." :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the short hair! :)

    Plus, the only reason I like football is that it makes me a little more productive because J hogs the TV. Sad, but true! It sounds like you had a very productive Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd say it sounds like a great night out!!! And your haircut is ADORABLE!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too lived through the great Snowmageddon in 2010 outside of DC. Which resulted in my pre blizzard purchasing of a waffle iron and a Wii....

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh, your hair looks so cute! I love it! If mine could only look as cute when cute short...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.