Straight Hair and Beer Tasting

Sorry for the late post today but I decided to take advantage of the long weekend by being lazy and sleeping in! Ruby even let me sleep late, so that was awesome. Normally she walks all over your face and chest, creepily staring at you waiting for your eyes to open, at which point she proceeds to lick the first layer of skin off your face. Gross.

This weekend I did something I haven't done in over 2 years... I straightened my hair. If you follow on Instagram then you already got a sneak peak! Let me tell you, it takes a lot of dedication to straighten this mane. It's a beast and is the longest its ever been after 3 years of growing it out.

Almost 2 hours and lots of burnt scalp later, it was straightish. And a bit wispy. The hubs and I planned a little date to Westbrook Brewery in Mount Pleasant. (He even put some product in his hair... which doesn't happen often so you know it's special.) We always talk about going to Westbrook during the Hobby Lobby trips I drag him to so we finally committed. This place is something like a beer-filled Biltmore compared to Holy City Brewery.




We didn't go on a tour of the facility but the tasting room itself was really nice (and crowded) so we sat off to the side of the main bar. I also came home with a fancy tulip beer glass (of course, what is it with my cup/mug collection?!)



I like light beer and since the first 4 beers in our tasting were all light, they won me over pretty easily. My favorite, which is weird because this also happened at Holy City, was the light beer with the highest alcohol content, Triple Magee. I also really liked their White Thai, it had more of a wheat flavor.

Photo on the left courtesy of Local Beer Blog... I forgot to take one!
We'll definitely be going back, and my husband already made me the DD for the next trip. On a side note, I think I should really get into professional beer tasting, I'm clearly fantastic with these explanations.

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! I'm off to bake and craft today... Love me some time off from work!

13 comments

  1. Love the straight hair! My friend Jen has super curly hair like yours and you know it's a special occasion when she takes the time to straighten it. :) Looks like y'all had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I miss beer. I'm on the Whole 30 Challenge. Love the straight locks! I have naturally curly hair, but the more I straighten {which is often}, the easier it is to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hair! We are doing the Westbrook taste/tour in two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love doing beer tastings! So fun. And seriously...adorable curly hair and adorable straight hair? I wish ;) Your hair is getting so long too! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love going to local breweries! We always make a point to find a brewery when we travel to new places :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Westbrook is so fun! White Thai is one of my favorite beers. I've never been to Holy City but that's funny about what you said about the difference in the two. I have heard Holy City is fun for happy hour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hair straight looks so cute! Looks like a fun weekend!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the straight hair! Looks like y'all had a great night out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy City is DEFINITELY a 180 from Westbrook ha. The Striped Big (vodka) distillery looks fun too, but we haven't been yet. Love you hair straight, but it's so perfectly curly that it's good you know how to work it both ways!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the straight hair but dang TWO HOURS! That is commitment friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a fun night out! Nate LOVES breweries so he would definitely be for a date night like this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the straight hair on you! 2 hours is bananas - love it though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have naturally very curly (like SHirley temple) curly and I do big waves (think Kardashians) nearly every day and maybe once a month do it pin-straight. Neither takes that long with a good straightener. I have a Sedu. Pin straight takes 30+ minutes, big waves takes 15. And my hair is really long and THICK! Anyways, just a thought that maybe a good straightener might help lighten the load if you haven't already tried that! Also, I use organix line of shampoo and conditioner which tames my mane well and primes it for Sedu stylin.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.