The Bump

Happy Monday, friends! We're on the road today so I thought it would be the perfect time to share our beautiful maternity photos, taken by Jodi of Tickled Blue Photography.

These photos were taken on probably the dreariest, coldest Fall day but Jodi worked her magic and we could not be happier with them! I don't know how she did it, but she managed to make two incredibly awkward people look good in front of a camera... I say "good" loosely because my hair could have cooperated a little bit more, but hey I'll take it.

Dear Rowan,
 
Your Daddy, Ruby and I have moved a lot in the past few years, but Charleston will always hold a special place in our hearts because this is where you are joining our lives. We have spent almost two years here now, our entire marriage, and it has been the happiest two years I can ever imagine.


We could not have been more excited to see those two little lines and the word "pregnant" on the (many) pregnancy tests I took, it didn't feel real at first. We thank God every day for you and ask that you continue to grow as you should, happy and healthy. We thought you were a boy from the start and were so happy to have it confirmed at 4 months. You're named after your Papa and your Great Grandpa "Chub," both amazing people who love you more than you know.

  
Over the past seven months we've prayed for you, prepared your nursery, heard your sweet little heartbeat, and felt your little (and big) kicks. So far you enjoy laying sideways in mama's belly, prime location for kicking my hip bone. I don't mind because those kicks are constant reminders of the blessing God has entrusted us with.

I can't help but worry and think about you at all times, but so far this pregnancy has been good to me. I went from having lots of food aversions to eating everything, but mostly carbs and sweets. I just have to make sure you like pizza and cupcakes as much as your Mommy and Daddy do.

 

I can't imagine a day without your Daddy by our side. He is the most loving and thoughtful person I know. He's patient, brave, and selfless. He can always make me laugh and has been by my side through even the worst of the pregnancy hormones. I hope you take after him, he will teach you so many things.


We promise to try our best at this parenting thing, but be patient with us because we have no clue what we're doing! Just know that we love you with all of our hearts and are so thankful that we'll have you in our arms in just a few months!

Love, 

Mommy


25 comments

  1. Beautiful pictures, and such a touching letter. You will be great parents xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love this! your photos are beautiful!! and this post is so sweet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVING your maternity pics!! They turned out amazing! And such sweet words :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and what a sweet, sweet message to baby! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, these are so beautiful. And that letter...so, so sweet. Such a precious time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at your darling bump! This is such a lovely message to your baby, too. We're due in just two weeks, and holy heck...we can't wait to hold this peanut!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, what beautiful photos and heartfelt letter! You look absolutely amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was such a sweet post!! And your pictures turned out amazing! You would never know it had been raining all day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, such a beautiful letter & pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Precious pictures, precious letter to Rowan <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Caitlyn! These pictures are so beautiful! I think the cloudy/dreary day actually adds to them! Only a couple short months now til you have that sweet boy in your arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE how these turned out. The fog/gray sky made for the perfect backdrop to one hot mama and dad to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pictures and your sweet letter to your son! :)

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are the best pictures, and the sweetest words for your son! I've pinned some of your images for our upcoming maternity photo session!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these Cait! And it makes me so sad I never took any maternity photos!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was so beautiful, it made me tear up! Your photos are so lovely. They'll be so nice to look back on year after year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful letter to your baby boy. I definitely got goosebumps and teary-eyed reading this. Gorgeous photos! And your hair looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely teared up reading this. I think maternity pictures are always so special, and these are absolutely beautiful. What a sweet message to your son too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The photos and your sweet letter to are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.