28 Weeks.. Hello Third Trimester!


How far along: 28 weeks... third trimester!

Size of Baby: An eggplant/head of cauliflower? (apps differ). Apparently he's almost 2.5 lbs and 16 inches long

Gender: all blue!

Best moment this week: Passing my glucose test was a definite plus and we had fun taking our maternity photos downtown! The photographer posted a sneak peak and I'm so excited to see the rest. We also have a 3D ultrasound scheduled tomorrow!

Weight gain: +22 lbs. Eek!

Maternity clothes: Fully committed to maternity jeans and leggings. I'm starting to wear more maternity shirts too because I don't look like I'm wearing either a kid's shirt or a tent.

And because some of you may be sick of seeing just the belly, here is one of the only photos documented in the past five years of  me with my hair pulled up, sans mascara. I'm only sharing this because if you're prego, you need this sweater! It comes in so many colors and it's super comfy!
 
Sweater (belt from another sweater). Scarf. Leggings.
Stretch marks: Still in the clear and loving my Mama Bee's Belly Butter

Belly button in or out: In and almost completely flat

Wedding Rings on or off: On but starting to fit a little tighter on some days. Stay away swelling!

Sleep: Much better! I'm really loving my bump nest now that I've got a bigger belly. Having the pillow support under the bump when I'm on my side is so much more comfortable.

Miss anything: Wine, toned thighs (and butt... see below), and the ability to sit up without my husband's assistance

Movement: Lots of big movements now and he definitely has more of a pattern. You can't make out little feet or elbows yet but when he kicks my whole stomach shifts and jumps. I could honestly watch him jump around in there for hours.

Also I think he likes Coldplay. I play it while I'm working and it seems like he always squirms around when I'm singing along. I'm sure it has nothing to do with my exceptional singing voice...

Cravings: Grape jelly, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (I never liked that much chocolate before), and hot chocolate or apple cider 

Symptoms: Dealing with the prego hormones, an aching back, and occasional leg cramps. Can't really complain much though.. give me a couple weeks and see what I say then! 

Nursery: Unless you consider adding lots of cute hats and clothes to his closet progress, we've stalled a little on this front. We finally get to bring our rocker home next week.. yay! I'm hoping once we get that in the room I'll be able to commit to curtains, a crib skirt, and hang some bookshelves. Oh and that DIY mobile has been on my to-do list for weeks.

Looking forward to: Using the "I'm eating for two" excuse on Thanksgiving and wearing an elastic waistband to allow for at least 1 extra piece of my grandma's pumpkin pie. Also I'm so excited to see my friends and family at my baby shower. Everyone we love in one place, it doesn't get much better!

Looking back 10 weeks ago... I think there might be a little more junk in the trunk these days.


24 comments

  1. You look great!! I can't believe you're in the third trimester already! I'm glad you are sleeping well still and I am also looking forward to stretchy maternity pants for Thanksgiving! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! Love the blanket scarf :) Ohh how I wish I could use the eating for two excuse on Thanksgiving... can you eat for 3 for me?? ;)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even believe how fast your pregnancy has flown by!! You look fantastic!! How funny that you're craving chocolate and you weren't a fan before - now that's interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so adorable I can't even take it! (and you're right, I need that sweater! Love that scarf too) I think he's totally dancing to your singing :) happy for no stretch marks- cheers to that! I'd also have to say I agree with your "missing" section. Can't wait for your 3d ultrasound! I'm thinking we need one of those when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so good going into your third trimester.
    The finish line is next :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How are you already in your third trimester! you look so cute preggers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. third trimester already?!? time is flying by! loving that sweater... i think im going to order it! did you buy your pre-pregnancy size? also i cannnot wait for thanksgiving and more pie!! im excited for you to have your shower :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams ps i rarely wear my hair up in a pony too..but yours looks cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look really great - and cute! Hang in there! Loved reading this update.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow 3rd trimester, how exciting! You look great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great! Love the sweater. I tried those same leggings, but felt they were a little too see through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that baby bump mama!! You are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, third trimester already? Seems like time is flying by for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are THE CUTEST! Grape jelly...ah! And chocolate cake frosting...ha! I love it! I feel the same way about choc frosting! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look great!! Your bump is so cute!! Love that sweater and scarf outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are beyond adorable love! Great to hear your feeling so well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved Reading your blog! I'm glad you are doing so well. It's awesome you're not experiencing a lot of swelling. Looking forward to your next post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That scarf is so cute, as is your bump! You are rockin the baby bump!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are just too cute! I want that sweater for me and I am not even preggers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh. my. goodness. I just pushed on your button from another blog, and the first thing I see is your amazing belly!!! AWWW! So cute and perfect! Congratulations on the baby! I look forward to snooping round your blog.

    -Mae @ raymond-rader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so good!! Awe you make me miss my pregnant belly!! Enjoy the holidays and most definitely eat for two!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. you're adorable and look so great! love the "im eating for two" excuse for Thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.