Vodka Tasting + Festive Pancakes

One of the stops on our Charleston "to-do list" has been a trip out to Firefly Vodka Distillery and Irvin House Vineyards on Wadmalaw Island. It's a bit of a trek but we had some friends heading out there for their Oyster Festival this weekend, and despite some rain in the morning it ended up being such a beautiful day!

We did both the vodka and the wine tasting before heading over to check out the oyster roast, food trucks, and listening to the live band.

During the vodka tasting, we got to sample a Lemonade vodka which Firefly doesn't sell in stores. It was by far my favorite, you could hardly taste the alcohol. I also tried their Skinny Sweet Tea vodka, which they sweeten with Stevia to keep the calories down.

Other big hits during the tasting were the Banana Pudding cordial and Apple Pie Moonshine. I didn't think the Apple Pie moonshine was as good as our recipe, but I might be a little biased!



Irvin House Vineyards was started by a retired couple who knew nothing about wine-making after planting and producing a few tons of muscadine grapes. It's really amazing what they've done with very little training. The wines are definitely on the sweet side, but our favorite was the Magnolia white wine.
 
Apparently I don't open my eyes for photos after a wine and vodka tasting...


Ally and her husband are quickly becoming our favorite people. She is probably thinking shit just got weird, but seriously...ha!

Next stop, Coastal Crust food truck. Yum!


After a fun-filled but busy weekend, we opted to go the breakfast for dinner route on Sunday night. I took it one (or ten) steps further by not only dying our pancakes pinkish-red, but using a big cookie cutter to form them into hearts. It was a festive twist to a lazy dinner! Just make sure to use cooking spray on the cookie cutter in between pancakes or it'll be a hot mess!


I hope you all had a fabulous weekend! 

23 comments

  1. I think there is something wrong with me, because I saw the title of this post and was excited to read...vodka, and pancakes?! Okay...looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the perfect weekend!! I'm jealous - but you gave me some great date ideas for te future :)

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! The pancakes are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemonade Vodka!! Sounds incredible!! I am going to Charleston in a few weeks is there anything I need to do while there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you posted about the Firefly Distillery. I've wanted to check it out every time we're in Charleston but we never end up having time. Firefly + sweet tea + lemonade is my go-to drink in the summer. So awesome that you and Ally are able to hang out and live so close to each other, love her blog, too. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome weekend! That lemonade vodka sounds awesome; I wish they sold it in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I am a wino and have yet to be wine tasting...what is wrong with that picture?? hahaha...and loving the heart shaped dinner...I had to make food heart shaped this weekend too...it's just necessary ;) Happy Monday girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun weekend! So fun you got to hang out with Ally too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! We were actually thinking about going to that oyster roast but I thought it was going to be raining all day. Wish we would have now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Visiting from the link up. Looking forward to reading more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like such a great weekend! The firefly distiller looked like a blast!

    ~Amanda
    Meet @ the Barre

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad we ended up having pretty weather so y'all could head out there. Still haven't been to the distillery or vineyards - the drinks look fantastic! Your pancakes are so cute. You're definitely going to be 'that mom' with the fun holiday meals!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vodka tasting how fun! That distillery looks so picturesque!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Banana pudding cordial and lemonade vodka?! Sign me up!! Sounds yummy! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had such a great time too! What's the plan for this weekend?! Haha Cute pancakes! Did you ever make the red velvet pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE Firefly! Looks like you guys had a great time! It'll def. be on my list of places to visit if we ever get to Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the bottles that they use. And those heart pancakes are so cute!

    www.highheelsandtutus.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a good time. I love wine tastings and vodka would be great too! Those pancakes are so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks like such fun! I love Firefly vodka mixed with Simply Lemonade! Makes the perfect Arnold Palmer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a great weekend! Those pancakes are too cute. I might have to steal that idea! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.