Five on Friday

Today I'm blogging from up North as my husband, Ruby and I had to make a last minute trip to spend time with Steve's grandpa who is not doing so well. I'm lucky to be able to see my family too but let me tell you, this girl does not do last minute planning or traveling well. Especially when it involves 10 hour car rides.

Now that we're out of the car and I've regained feeling in my legs, I can look forward to some quality family time this weekend! But first up, I'm joining Christina and the Five on Friday crew for my favorites from the week!

Donut pan
{via}
This week I purchased a donut pan, which is definitely a terrible and fantastic idea at the same time. I can't wait to try out these apple cider donuts, but I've found lots of other options on Pinterest and think it might be a funfetti donut kind of weekend!

New Sperry Top-Siders
{via}
One of my favorite pairs of shoes are my Sperrys because they are so comfortable. I was debating on whether to take my beat up pair to Europe until I found these adorable 'Audrey' navy and gold ones! I got them for $42 on Amazon, then they went up to $77 the next day. Talk about good timing!

Computer Background

Floral Wallpaper

How pretty is this (free) computer background?! Perfect for Spring and just plain gorgeous to look at while working! Actually, there are tons of other free backgrounds for your computer or phone on this site if you're in the market!

Spring

Weather in the 70s this week made me so ready for Spring! And just when I thought I was doing well avoiding too many unnecessary clothing and jewelry purchases, all of my favorite stores had to come out with new spring lines that I'm totally drooling over! I'm really looking forward to some new spring decor (DIY project coming soon!) and lots of festive St. Patty's Day goodness! Anyone else with me?!

My Husband

Not to be too cheesy but this man is the best.ever. He drove the whole way yesterday, got me a Starbucks at one of the rest stops, we reminisced about how awesome our wedding was almost one year ago, chatted about all of the food and wine we plan to consume in Italy, and made some plans for the future! Despite the fact that Ruby and I are bad road trip companions for anything over 4 hours, I loved our quality time together and truly feel so, so lucky to be his wife.

I hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be back to regularly scheduled programming next week!

29 comments

  1. Oh Lordy...a donut pan!? Trouble! Hope Steve's Grandpa is doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those donuts are so pretty! Yes pretty! haha and happy too! -love that ya;; reminisced about the wedding- I can't believe it'll be 6 months married for us in March. Time flies! Happy Weekend to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The donut pan is amazing. I hope his grandpa feels better soon. Great deal on those stylish Sperry's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I could be trusted with a donut pan! Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you make those donuts you must save one for me! Glad y'all made it there safely! Theo wanted Steve to play golf this weekend and keeps forgetting y'all went out of town! I think he's just so excited for warmer temps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A donut pan?! Yum! Love that pretty wallpaper! Sorry to hear about your husband's grandpa, sending well wishes. Enjoy your time w. family, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A donut pan, I'd be in trouble! Love that background :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that desktop wallpaper! I will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my donut pan. I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that they only make 6 at a time. And I totally feel you about the new spring stuff in stores. There are so many cute clothes out there this season!

    ReplyDelete
  10. best wishes to your husband's grandpa. i hope you enjoy the weekend together.
    love love that wallpaper! off to go get it :)
    xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a donut pan as much as I need a hole in the head, but I still really want one!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE those shoes. I'm also on the hunt for cute and comfy shoes for our next Europe trip! Word of advice - I wore comfy flats during our trip to Italy, but towards the end my ankles were really hurting from walking on all the cobblestone. Take some sturdier gym shoes too! Have a great weekend Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A doughnut pan would lead to a muffintop on me! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH man, doughnuts at home. Trouble but heaven! Have a safe trip back. I'll be thinking about y'all and your grandfather-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  15. copying that computer background. has me dreaming of spring! xx.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lo lo looooove my sperrys and definitely intend to add to my collection....most comfortable shoes ever...you get what you pay for :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yay for quality time with husbands!! :) even if it is in the car :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog and love it!! Those shoes are ADORABLE too, perfect timing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh. my. heavens! those doughnuts look amazing. and make me want to go buy a doughnut pan baker thing so I can make them :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. New desktop background - check! So pretty! That is so sweet what you said about your husband. But don't play, we know future plans means baby plans! :) Enjoy your quality family time and I hope Steve's grandfather gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this. I am grabbing your button if you want to grab mine too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello from the link up! Enjoy your new donut pan - dangerous deliciousness awaits! ;) lol. ... Have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Praying for your husbands grandpa! In sure that was a long road trip but sounds like a nice one with your sweet hubby:) you will have to let us know how the donuts turn out! I'm kinda obsessed with them, a donut pan might be in my future:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sorry to hear grandpa isn't well :( Enjoy your time with family & sweet husband! I'll be running out to buy a donut pan as soon as BB&B opens...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enjoy your family weekend! Road trips can be the best time to reconnect :) Can't wait to see your donut creations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Doughnut pan? Oh I so didn't need to see that! Heading over to grab a new cute background now!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those Sperrys! Want! They are at $77 now so I'm gonna keep checking back and hope that I can find a screaming deal like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check back, I don't know how I managed to luck out but I think they have them on Shoes.com for around $60 too!

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.