Five on Friday!

SO happy its Friday! Work is getting busy and I've been setting up some fun things for the blog so I'm really happy to have the weekend and catch up on things, such as sleep! We've got some fun plans in Charleston this weekend with Ally and her husband so I'm excited to get through today, have a strong cocktail after work, and relax!

As usual, I'm linking up with Christina, April, Darci, and Natasha for my favorites from the week!

Acrylic Desk Accessories

Polka Dot Notebook, Push Pins, Tabs, and Washi Tape {Target}, Gold Glitter Notebook {J. Crew Factory}
I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I want to give my home office a facelift since I basically live and work in it every day. I haven't done much yet but I did pick up these cute acrylic boxes from TJ Maxx for organizing my desk accessories. I plan to add an acrylic monogram decal on the note card holder, you know, because it's not girly enough with all of the pink and gold items being stored in it...

I also ordered this acrylic tape dispenser. And I'm wishing it was acceptable to pay $30 for this gold stapler. I'll share more photos of the office upgrade when I make some more progress!

New Phone Case for Workouts

iPhone Holster Case

A long, long time ago, I shared some of my favorite workout items which included an iPhone holster. I have since lost one of the two parts to that holster and its been driving me crazy that I have to carry my phone or stick it in the sweaty waistband of my yoga pants while working out. I finally found a new one and I'm loving it so far! There is only one part to it so I don't have to worry about losing it. It stays really snug when hooked onto my yoga pants, even when I run like an elephant.

New Wish List Item: J. Crew Silk Snood

J. Crew Silk Snood

I saw this in the store and immediately became obsessed with it. The colors are gorgeous and it's J. Crew, so of course its great quality (and pricey). I think I need this for our Europe trip. I mean, of course I'm using that as an excuse to buy it but it would go well with a lot of the items I want to pack!! I just hope it doesn't sell out before it goes on sale and I can rationalize buying it, that tends to happen to me with J. Crew!

Free Language Apps: Duolingo and SpeakEasy French/Italian

I know it's not necessary to learn a lot of the language when we go to Europe, but I am on a mission to refresh my memory on the French I took in college and at least learn the basics of Italian. I really enjoy the Duolingo app for French, its basically like a series of tests that you go through, each of which build on the last lesson you had so everything stays fresh in your memory. SpeakEasy is great too for basic greetings and words you would need while traveling, plus it works offline. I upgraded for the French but the free Italian version has been great. If you're traveling abroad I definitely recommend both of these apps!

Festive Nails

Pardon the manhand...
I've mentioned before that I'm pretty terrible at doing my own nails but this Essie color is one of my absolute favorites, it's called Off the Shoulder. It's an oldie but goodie. I'm going to be so sad when it runs out! I might try my hand at painting a heart on my ring finger this weekend... we'll see how that goes!

So what are your plans for the weekend? Anyone as excited about Olympic snowboarding and ice skating as I am?! I watched the new Slopestyle event qualifiers last night and the girls were great but the guys blew me away! I wish I could do that, I mostly just rotate from falling on my ass to getting a beer in the lodge while snowboarding. Ha!

Happy weekend, friends!

37 comments

  1. Love those acrylic desk organizers...pretty to look at :) Enjoy your weekend, pretty girl! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Essie color! What a great color to paint your nails before Valentine's Day :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that snood!! You definitely need it for Europe! SO cute! Those apps sound awesome. I mean who would have thought they'd have an app to learn foreign languages! Your nails look great! I'm horrible with painting my own nails. It would never look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scarf is perfection! I love a snood and those tassels...how adorable. That will definitely be added to my wish list. Ive been needing to make a TJ Max/Homegoods run lately and I'm in the process or organizing our office too and those are great! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah you're so cute. "...for when I run like an elephant" I love when bloggers slip funny little phrases into their posts :) ALSO, I am BAD when it comes to window shopping at J Crew. I worked at the factory store for a few months when I went to school in Niagara Falls, & I felt like I worked for clothes. They have the cutest stuff & it really opened my eyes to accessorizing ;) Love this! Have fun in Charleston this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is honestly probably what I look like running. haha! It would be bad news to my bank account if I worked at JCrew or the Factory store! Hope you had a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. I have stopped taking pictures at those moment of my hands...it is so hard not to make them look like man hands right? Or old lady hands lol. I haven't seen that Iphone case before but I always try to shove mine on the inside of my sweaty tank that would be so much easier that case! That snood is gorgeous!!!

    ~Amanda
    Meet @ the Barre

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to have to check out that phone case! I get tired of having the one on my arm all the time. Thank you for sharing! I'm doing a Valentine's Day Jewelry giveaway on my blog. Check it out if you can!

    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same way, the arm bands really bother me! I think you'll like the holster, its so much easier to change your music on too!

      Delete
  8. I love with that scarf!!!

    Kenzie
    theashcraftbunch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got the same Essie color and can't wait to use it! V-day appropriate for sure! (that scarf!!! Those colors?!! love it!) Have a great weekend girly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet I am worse at painting my own nails ;)...that's why I just stick to the toes...which I am not that great at either haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those desk organizers and all the festive items you have already stored in them. And let me just say, having been to Europe before that scarf would match perfectly with the culture over there. Fingers crossed you'll be able to snag it at a good price soon! xo, Alyssa at Southern Abundance

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that scarf! I just got an email that said BRINGSPRING (expires tomorrow) will get you 25% off if you shop online at jcrew.com! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristan! Unfortunately the snood wasn't included in the sale... boo! Thanks for the heads up though!

      Delete
  13. Duolingo is SUCH a great app! And when you're stuck in a jam, iTranslate is great too! You can speak right into the app and translate it into whatever language. Love your office accessories as well, TJMaxx, Marshall's and Target are my go-to's .... I cannot bring myself to spend $50+ on planners or notebooks haha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. How nice that you work at home. I hope you can keep making progress towards making your office space what you want it to be! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am pretty sure you must purchase that scarf! So cute!! However I also think $30 on a gold stapler is worth it too :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the scarf and the nail polish! Happy Friday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh that scarf and Essie color = love! Can't wait to see your final home office reveal. Pretty sure it will be adorable. And I will want one. For all my, um, crafts!? Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This desktop items are perfect! And I almost bought that exact polish today! I'm definitely digging your taste, I can't wait to see more! Have a lovely weekend!

    Caitlin C

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your nails! i need to paint mine bright soon. love those acrylic office pieces too! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your desk accessories are too cute & I love your nail color!

    Kristin
    Crumbs & Curls

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo!!! I am loving that J.Crew scarf!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That iPhone case is so great! Adding that to my wish list:) hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving those desk accessories! I bought an acrylic makeup organizer the other day from T.J. Maxx, but I'm thinking I'm gonna need a little more space!
    And I've been obsessing over that stapler too -- the price tag is the only catch!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. love the nails! and high-five for being so organized with those desk accessories! really wanting that iphone case as well....
    happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love J.Crew and that scarf!! And this doesn't really have anything to do with your 5, but I love your About Me photo! You look stunning in it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm definitely going to check out those language apps...thanks for sharing them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE those accessories! You are a girl after my own heart with the pinks and golds! And that polish is gorgeous too! I think I have wayy to many shades of pink Essie nailpolish, but I may be adding this one to the collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love office supplies! I always love buying new pens, calendars, etc.! Washi tape is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here!! I don't even know what to do with the washi tape, but that doesn't stop me from buying it. haha!

      Delete
  29. Love your nails! That color is perfect for Valentine's Day. So festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Few things are better than an organized desk and freshly pained nails :) And, yes, you should pick up that scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your washi collection and that Essie color - I need to add it to my collection ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the desk accessories!! I think its so hard to take a normal picture of my hands, too!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.