Friday Five!

Happy last day of February! I am so thankful for the weekend. Is it just me or was this week busy crazy for you all too?! It's been one of those "I-just-want-a-giant-glass-of-wine" weeks over in this household.

I'm linking up again with Christina, April, Natasha, and Darci for another dose of Five on Friday!

Spring Decor 



I think its about time I take down the Valentine's Day decor, so this weekend I'm on a mission to get our place looking back to normal, clean and add a little spring decor. Stay tuned for details and a little DIY project!

Homemade Shamrock Shake


You guys, shamrock shakes from McDonalds are back! I had a taste for one this week but it was late so I opted to make one myself and it was delish! I just threw a bunch of vanilla ice cream (maybe 2 cups?), milk (about 1/2 cup?), 1/4 tsp. of mint extract, and 1 yellow + 3 green drops of food coloring. Top with whipped cream, serve in a mason jar with a fun straw, and you're set! I've also seen people crank it up a notch with protein (if you're healthy) or whiskey (if you're boozy).

New Lamp Shade... Finally!


I haven't been able to find a big, solid white shade to fit this lamp I bought months ago for our master bedroom. You can see the original shade it came with here. I never thought a lamp shade search would frustrate me so much, so hell yes for finally finding one!  What do you think, better than the original, right?

Rodan + Fields

I'll admit I was totally skeptical of R+F products when my friend Rachel asked me if I had tried them yet. It's basically an anti-aging regimen which also helps for dark spots and sun damaged skin.

She sent me a mini facial kit to try out and let me tell you, I love it so far! I use the Enhancements Micro-Dermabrasion Paste first, which is definitely the best exfoliator I've tried (and I went through a lot of options before the wedding last year). Then I use the Redefine Night Renewing Serum and Redefine Lip Renewing Serum. Now I really want to try the Eye Cream!

If you're interested in checking out their products, head here. They are on the pricier side, but last a long time and if you aren't happy with the product you can get your money back within 60 days! Also any orders placed by Sunday night (11:59 PST) will receive a free mini facial so you can try out more of the products! If you have any questions about the products, contact Rachel! She is awesome. :)

Ruby's Vet Visit
She brings us socks and underwear, you know, just in case.

Least favorite moment of the week would be Ruby's vet appointment yesterday. Our girl's little knee has apparently been popping out of place and is causing her to limp occasionally. We have to make her rest for 2 weeks, which is kind of a joke for a dog with her energy level so wish us luck! In the meantime she has to take some supplements for her joints and if that doesn't help, she'll need surgery. Poor thing! We're so glad we took her in to the vet instead of assuming it would go away! Our vet said this problem is common in toy breeds. Does anyone else's small dog have this issue?

Tomorrow I'm heading to do lunch and some shopping with Ally and Shelby! Next week is going to be really busy so I'm excited for a little girls excursion to King Street, it will definitely be a great stress reliever!

That is all I have for the week, I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!!

24 comments

  1. YAY spring! I am so ready for the warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to see what you create with those pretty spring colors and flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your finished project!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excited to see your spring decor!!! happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor Ruby girl! Hope she feels better! -that fabric for your spring decor is fabulous and I basically want it haha can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower from the link-up! I'm loving your wreath inspiration - a new wreath is on my list for this weekend, too! Can't wait to see how it turns out. And that lamp (and mirror)?? Love. Happy Friday!
    xo
    Kristin
    http://young-southern.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have someone sending me a Rodan + Fields sample too, now I'm even more excited to try it! Poor little Ruby :( and yeah, how the heck do you make a pup rest!? Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad I have to miss out on the brunch & shopping! :( What vet do you take Ruby to in Sville? Can't wait to see how you decorate for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor Ruby! Puppy bed rest is no joke :( hope you have fun on your little shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Ruby. Praying for that sweet babe!! Have fun shopping...wahoo!! Can't wait to see your spring decor :) Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awe that's such a cute pic of Ruby. Hope she gets better soon!! Good luck with the doggy bed rest! That will be a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm hoping to do some Spring cleaning/decorating this weekend too. And now I'm probably going to go to McDonald's for a Shamrock Shake tonight...there is one just a couple blocks from us so this might become a problem haha. Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES! Love Shamrock shakes - I will def. be making these at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with Ruby! Our big dog had to have TPLO surgery in July and he is better than ever. The joint suppliments do work too! We give Murphy Glyco-Flex.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm stopping by from the link up. I love the color of the wall behind your lamp. It's really pretty! I totally need to get some spring decor up in my house too. Good luck with your dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait to see what spring decor you create!! Thinking about your sweet puppy. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Homemade Shamrock Shake? NICE! Lovin' Ruby as always.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooh looking forward to the DIY. Poor Ruby - hope she's better soon! See you tomorrow, love :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had no clue shamrock shakes were so easy to make! My husband loves them, I'll have to make one for him in the near future. Love the new lampshade and the fabric/napkin for spring decor. Sorry to hear about Ruby, hopefully rest does the trick. Hang in there, I know how hard it is to keep them resting, our dog was on 100% crate-rest for a month when she was 4.5 months old and it was BRUTAL for all of us! Enjoy your girls day and have a fabulous weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just had my first Shamrock Shake of the season...love them! Your's looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ahhhh I keep on forgetting to get my Shamrock shake! I really like your DIY one though...maybe have to try that at home version looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.