Luck of the Irish

Happy March! The weather gave us a gorgeous dose of Spring this past weekend, so the hubs and I soaked it in with some very competitive games of corn hole on Sunday. If you're still buried in snow, we're "springing ahead" this weekend and St. Patty's Day is right around the corner, so you still have hope!

Being as though I'm part Irish and I'll take any excuse I can get to make some festive food or dye my beer a disgusting shade of green, St. Patty's has always been one of my favorite holidays.

This weekend I spent approximately way too much time working on a new chalkboard creation and trying to improve my freehand. (It didn't improve, in case you were wondering). We may not be home to celebrate this year, but I still have to incorporate some green and gold into the decor and bake some boozy cupcakes!

DIY Garland (similar here). Free Shamrock Printable.  Dish Towel (Joann's).

Straws, printables, and garlands are easily some of my favorite ways to keep it simple and festive for holidays around here. You can see more of my St. Patty's Day inspiration and favorite recipes here.

Straws.
Our mini-bar/tray. I'm still working to get the husband on board for a bar cart!

We don't have much in the way of Easter decor, but I'm working on brightening up the rest of our space with some fresh flowers, adding a new wreath to the front door, and stashing various types of Easter candy all over the house.

And for a little blast from the past...

SPD Circa 2009
I have no clue who that dude is with the thumbs up. Seriously, talk about some shenanigans. This is the only SPD photo I could find. Also those 25 cent pitchers of green Natty Light from college sound terrible right now. So glad we've moved up to the "grown up" beers these days.

Do you have plans or traditions for St. Patty's Day?

14 comments

  1. your st. pattys decor is so cute. I disagree-I think your chalkboard freehand is perfect, I couldn't get nearly as good as that! And I love that little blast from the past you threw in, I can totally relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chalkboard looks amazing! I can't write on them to save my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chalkboard looks fantastic! It totally motivates me to play with my own, which is basically just collecting dust right now. No real SPD plans as of yet, too busy planning the hubby's bday part next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had your beautiful handwriting. I've been wanting to buy a chalkboard but I suck at it lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love St. Pat's for all things green! Is green wine ok??

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love those cute straws :) :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm actually part Irish but so rarely celebrate SPD, shame really as it is such a fun holiday! You've inspired me to go all out this year. :) XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so talented! That chalkboard looks amazing! You need to teach me how to write like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh Natty Ice how I do not miss thee!! Man I miss college holidays, it was so much fun being drunk and poor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looove all these Irish touches!! So cute for St. Patty's Day! And wish I could make a chalkboard as good looking as you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun is your decor?! I love the chalkboard- you did an awesome job freehanding that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girls weekend that weekend so we are planning green Jello shots, green mimosas, and Lucky Charms snack mix. Of course I will be having a Shamrock Shake :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.