Holiday Madness Begins

Anyone else wake up an hour early with nothing to do this morning? No, just me? So much for that extra hour of sleep I was so excited about!

This weekend my husband and I ran some errands and it hit me that the holiday shopping madness is already here. If you've read this blog long enough you know that I love holidays. I love the festive decorations, dressing up, seeing family, all of that jazz. But there are a few things that drive me up the wall... including the fact that one day into November the lines at Target were already 6 people deep.

I swear I thought they were giving something away and I was missing out. Has everyone started their Christmas shopping already? All I wanted was some damn face cream and toilet paper.

My second gripe is that stores open at 6 p.m. on Thanksgiving day. Does anyone else think that is totally ridiculous? I think its so sad that employees can't enjoy their holiday.

Finally, this is the season where I eat massive amounts of food that aren't even proportional to my body size. I'm not sure how all of the turkey, carbs, and pumpkin pie fits but I generally make sure I gain a solid 5 pounds every year and that's before Christmas cookies.

{Via}

That being said, I'm so glad the holiday season is here and can't wait to deck out our house in Christmas colors and lights Clark Griswold-style. Until then, I updated some of our fall decor and I'm really looking forward to getting cozy with the hubs and Ruby by the fire with some hot chocolate and/or wine.

Subway Art. Felt Ball Garland. Paper Straws.


You know I love laurels, so I had to implement them in my Thanksgiving chalkboard design! Our felt foliage garland also made a comeback and I'm loving how it looks doubled up with my West Elm garland!

Speaking of Thanksgiving, it sounds like many of you are interested in linking-up to share your favorite Thanksgiving recipe so I'm happy to say, it's a go! I will have the link-up live next Tuesday, November 12th and it will be open for a few days. I will also have a button available by the end of this week for you to share on your page so stay tuned! I can't wait to see what everyone's favorite dishes are!

17 comments

  1. your chalkboard is awesome - I may have to copy that! I am obsessed with the holidays and will make sure I gain at least 5 lbs as well, but I bet I could do more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I think 5 pounds was on the low end for me.. haha! Go for it with the chalkboard, it wasn't too bad but I did get bored with all of the leaves!

      Delete
  2. I just found a a super cute printable with laurels here http://pizzazzerie.com/free-topic/free-thanksgiving-party-collection/ that I am putting in my kitchen- would it be awful if I tried to copy your chalkboard design in my kitchen as well? haha I'll totally give you credit! so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those printables are adorable! Thanks for sharing! Definitely feel free to copy my chalkboard, my design is like a mish mash of others I've seen around the web anyway! :) And thank you!!

      Delete
  3. Yes I started shopping a couple weekends ago and I started my homemade gift which is vanilla extract this year. Ever year I try to make something homemade, one year I made spaghetti noodles and homemade sauce. One year I made cookies. Homemade is the best! Only 50 more days til Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Fall decor! I have the same Subway Art :) And your chalkboard skills...amaze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving the felt with the leaves!! I am so not ready for holiday shopping. I am going to try and bust most of mine out online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this time of year too! I already have started my Christmas shopping. I like to be done Thanksgiving weekend even though I always have a few more extra gifts to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's impressive! I'm lucky if I have half of mine done by mid December! haha

      Delete
  7. I've started my Christmas shopping only because I live 10+ hours away from my family and will only be there for Thanksgiving this year. It saves a lot of money if you don't have to ship gifts! I don't decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving is over. Then everything stay up until Valentine's Day. Good luck during this time of year! I love your leaf banner.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you always have the cutest decorations! I seriously wish you could come over to my house and help me with mine. And yes, this is the best time of year. I love Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love the Thanksgiving chalkboard design!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excited about the link up! Am I crazy if I love the holiday madness?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your Thanksgiving decorations! And I agree - I can't believe that some stores are opening on Thanksgiving! Let the employees enjoy the holiday! The sales will be there on Friday! Maybe I'm old fashioned! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That printable is so cute! And I didn't email you but will definitely participate in the link up :-)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.