Our Weekend + My Christmas Playlist

Happy Monday before Thanksgiving! It's so hard to believe this is the last week of November and Christmas is getting so close!

This weekend we headed North and were welcomed by a few inches of snow and 18 degree weather when we got to my hometown. Nothing like a freezing cold welcome! We're all crossing our fingers the weather holds up for our travels for Thanksgiving. Is anyone else traveling to the North? Supposedly there is some blizzard on its way, so naturally I'm freaking out a little because I'm a Southerner when it comes to driving in that mess!


On Friday night we stayed in a hotel to break up our trip and Ruby was pretty much wigging out the whole night at every.single.noise. Soooo we got very little sleep and were happy to take naps later that day as the snow came down. 

Yesterday my mom and I made some white chocolate-covered pretzels which didn't last long...


Of course, we listened to all of my favorite Christmas songs on our drive. And yes, I sang most of these to my husband... He must really love me. Let's just say I never got a solo part in high school chorus. 

Anyway.. I personally believe this is the best Christmas playlist ever. I'm a traditionalist with Christmas so I can't pass up some of the classics but there are definitely some fun versions mixed in! Notice there is no mention of Feliz Navidad or the 12 Days of Christmas. I cringe at just the thought of them... 

Baby It's Cold Outside- Leon Redbone and Zooey Deschanel (Hello, best version of this song ever!)
Winter Wonderland- Matt Wertz
Jingle Bell Rock- Bobby Helms
Carol of the Bells- Straight No Chaser (I know all of the words but forget to breathe during this)
Pennies from Heaven- Louis Prima (Not necessarily Christmas but another Elf soundtrack fave!)
I'll Be Home for Christmas- She & Him
O Holy Night- Christina Aguilera
Santa Baby- Eartha Kitt
White Christmas- The Drifters (Home Alone version, yes please!)
Please Come Home for Christmas- The Eagles
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree- Brenda Lee
It Came Upon a Midnight Clear- Josh Groban
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas- Christina Aguilera
All I Want for Christmas is You- Mariah Carey
O Holy Night- NSYNC (Let's face it, this whole CD is the bomb)
Frosty the Snowman- Zee Avi
Santa Claus is Coming to Town- Michael Buble (He can do no wrong, especially with Christmas songs!)
Silent Night- Mariah Carey
Jingle Bell Rock- Neil Diamond (I know another version is already on this list, but did anyone else grow up listening to this cd on repeat while your mom decorated the house?!)
Blue Christmas- Michael Buble
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer- Merry Mixmas 
White Christmas- Otis Redding (Another repeat but this is such a classic!)
The Christmas Song- NSYNC

I feel like I may be missing some, anyone have anything else to add?! Only a few more days until we start rockin' around our tree, has anyone put theirs up already?






15 comments

  1. Oh my goodness, those pretzels look DIVINE. And that playlist? Perfection! I'd only add "Believe" by Josh Groban because, let's be honest, his voice is just velvet and sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Christmas list and those pretzels look amazing! I am turning on my Christmas Pandora station now, needing a little cheer on this Mon ;) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still can't get over how stinkin cute ruby is. BLESS!
    love that christmas playlist!!!!
    one of my favorite new(er) christmas albums is by dave barnes (family tree and holiday for two are my favorite tracks!!
    also OBSESSED with "Jesus, Savior" by Chris August!
    And T Swift's version of "Last Christmas" is also my jam.

    EEEEEE I LOVE LOVE LOVE me some christmas music! What a fun post! And those pretzels look DIVINE! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need those pretzels now please! While I listen to your playlist..haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. great playlist! must download and name it "The Ruby Christmas Mix" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pretzels would not have lasted very long in my house either! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby is such a doll. Love Michael Buble. The *NSYNC christmas cd is my go to every year!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great playlist! You and I would get a long very well because I'm also crazy obsessed with Christmas music! I saw the pic of Ruby on instagram in the snow and was so confused where she was?! I knew there was no way she was in Charleston!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My tree is up! Welcome to the North! Some snow due to hit Pittsburgh tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Drive safe in the blizzard! Make extra pretzels for the ride ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Under my Tree by Nsync is also a favorite of mine, that CD is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your Christmas playlist!!! I honestly just want to go home right now and put those songs on spotify and listen to each of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great playlist! Mmm, I want those pretzels!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when someone posts a Christmas playlist because I always find a few songs or artists I haven't heard before...yours is great! thanks!! Ruby is adorrrable too :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.