Favorite Thanksgiving Recipe :: Corn Casserole

I'm willing to bet most of you assumed I'd be sharing some variation of a pumpkin dessert, considering what my recipe page looks like. I won't lie, I definitely considered sharing my Grandma's signature pie crust and pumpkin pie recipe, but figured I'd switch it up because this cornbread casserole recipe is so.dang.easy.


Some of you may be thinking, "What about regular dinner rolls? That's a lot of bread." And you're right, bread is certainly in abundance on our Thanksgiving table. So is a crapload of butter, meat, vegetables, and wine. Considering Thanksgiving is the only day it's acceptable to eat this ridiculous amount of food, why not take full advantage? I will note, however, that this cornbread actually has corn kernels in it so its kind of like a vegetable too... right??

My grandma started making this recipe a few years ago and its been a big hit. I think it's her adapted version of Paula Deen's recipe found here.


Ingredients:
1 can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
1 can Cream-Style Corn
2 packages of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 pint Sour Cream (I only used 8 ounces here, but I prefer the whole 16 ounces)
2 sticks Butter, melted
1/2-1 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. Dump all ingredients (minus the cheese... although you could add some in here too) into a large bowl and mix well.


3. Pour into greased casserole dish, 9 x 13 is best but if you halve the sour cream like I did here then you will need a smaller pan.


4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until golden brown. Add remaining shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.


5. Let stand for five minutes before serving.

Done! Even if you've had a little too much Sangria or Liquid Apple Pie, you'll still be able to manage this one!

Enjoy!!

15 comments

  1. Yum! Thanks for hosting this link-up! I love reading about people's holiday celebration, especially when it comes to what they eay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never heard of this and it sounds ah-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious - we have so many "Thanksgiving" get togethers coming up so I will definitely be keeping this recipe in mind!! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, its so easy! And it's great for potlucks and BBQs because it feeds a lot of people! :)

      Delete
  4. Yum! Looks delicious - I am brainstorming what I can take to a company pot luck and this may be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! I love this stuff!!!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We make this too and it is so freakin good! Thanks for hosting Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy smokes, cornbread casserole, that sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok stupid question, do I put in my egg and milk that the cornbread is usually made with? Not sure if I should mix in with the other ingredients or separate the corn mix to mix/

    ReplyDelete
  10. No worries! You can ignore the instructions and ingredients on the muffin mix box, just use what I have listed here :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.