Mini Weekend Recap + Pumpkin Spice Gobs

This weekend I experienced the hangover that no amount of greasy food, aspirin, or sleep could cure. Between cooking, cleaning, being the designated driver for the boys on Friday, and then playing one drinking game after another on Saturday, I'm finally able to function today!

On Friday night we started at a bar/nightclub/old church (weird combination, right?) and I don't think I've ever felt so old at a bar until then. You know what makes feeling like the oldest person at the bar even worse? Being 100 percent sober. ha! I did get a few good laughs at some of the inebriated college students dressed in their Halloween costumes though. My favorite was a really tall King Kong trying to shove bananas in a girl's face. Bet that worked out really well for him...

I also admit that I was terrible at taking photos of our weekend, including the intense giant jenga match that occurred in the dark, after several rounds of beer pong/flip cup. Ew, my stomach just curled thinking about it.
 
One thing we did enjoy this weekend.... Pumpkin Spice Gobs!

These are great for Halloween or Thanksgiving, and are especially cute if you use a pumpkin whoopie pie pan like this one! Mine is from Crate & Barrel but its currently sold out. These gobs are super easy to make, you basically just put all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix!




Pumpkin Spice Gobs
Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens

Gob Ingredients:
1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
1/3 cup Butter, softened
1 package of Spice Cake Mix
2 Eggs
1/2 cup Milk



1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Grease the pan if using a whoopie pie pan.

2. In a large bowl, beat pumpkin puree and softened butter with mixer on medium speed until smooth.

3. Add cake mix, eggs, and milk to pumpkin mixture and beat on low speed until combined, then on medium speed for 1 to 2 minutes.

4. Drop batter onto parchment paper or on whoopie pie pan by the tablespoon. Make sure to leave about 2 inches between each gob and bake for 15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.

The pumpkins use much more batter than regular gobs


5. Place gobs on cooling racks until filling is complete and gobs are cool.


Filling Ingredients:
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 (8 oz.) package Cream Cheese, softened
2 cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
1/2 (7 oz.) jar of Marshmallow Creme
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Pumpkin Pie Spice



1. Beat together butter and cream cheese until smooth.

2. Add powdered sugar, marshmallow creme, vanilla, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Beat until combined, then refridgerate for at least 1 hour.

3. Match up like-sized gobs and place about one tablespoon of filling between each gob.



As far as the filling goes, this is a little more soft than I'd like for icing. You have to keep these gobs stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve so that the filling doesn't get too warm. You could also try a regular cream cheese icing recipe, which is what I might do next time!

Has anyone tried these gobs before? A lot of people I've talked to have never heard of gobs or whoopie pies before... maybe its a Northern thing? I hope you all had a great weekend!

Linking up with Ashley and Jessica today!


17 comments

  1. I was 100% sober at a party this weekend - I felt full on grandma status. I'm from Maine and we love us some whoopie pies, so I'm loving the pumpkin ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you were at Mad River! Ugh I hate hangovers! They're the devil! And so much worse now that I'm older! Pumpkin spice gobs look a-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...I'm head over heels for anything marshmallow so this could be dangerous for me (as in- I'd buy the marshmallow spread and just eat it by itself haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been known to do that as well!! haha! Darn that sweet tooth! :)

      Delete
  4. Ha, I was going to say the same thing Ally said about Mad River. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amaze! If I would have known they were this easy to make, I would have tried these a long time ago!! Can't wait to make these for fall treats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a pumpkin whoopie pie pan?! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The giant jenga is awesome!! Love the pumpkin shape and they look so cute!! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pumpkin treats look delicious! A wedding I went to this past summer had a giant jenga game and I absolutely loved it! I forgot to take pictures of it, though, of course!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that pan! How cute!!!
    Stopping by from Taste of Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sound too good, and I love the pumpkin pan! I definitely can't do hangovers anymore either. I didn't drink that much this weekend, and my stomach flipped at the thought of beer pong and flip cup.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giant Jenga. So fun! Those cookies look so delicious! I think I know what I'm making for my halloween evening :)

    stopping by from taste of tuesday!
    Brittany @ http://infinityampersand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Brittany!! Definitely make them, they are so good and easy to make!! :)

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.