Thirsty Thursday: Liquid Apple Pie

I could have also titled this post, "What to do at Lowes to have the whole store asking you what you are building" because if you follow me on Instagram, you know that last night I purchased some lumber and had them cut all of it to 10.5" pieces. 54 of them to be exact.

Yep, I was that girl in Lowes who all of the male employees stare at, wondering if she knows what the heck she is doing. The kid cutting the wood for me told me cuts were $5 each... ha! (They didn't charge a thing for the cuts, maybe it was because I was wearing my very best yoga pants??) Then 3 more employees came back to see what all the fuss was about. And again, as I was pushing my little buggy up to the front to pay, I had 3 more Lowes employees coming out of the woodwork asking me what I was building.

Giant Jenga, of course! Its so easy to make a set, and a great drinking game. I'm sure I'll have more photos of this in action this weekend, but all you need is 6 pieces of 2x4x8 lumber cut into 10.5" pieces. When you get home, sand the pieces so you don't get any splinters and if you want, you can spray paint the wood.

When playing, make sure all pets are inside the house. Also, if you're really drunk clumsy, you might want a helmet.

Finally, to the real point of this post...

Because you probably haven't heard me talk about wine, pumpkin beer, pudding shots or sangria enough this fall... I'm bringing you one of my favorite boozy concoctions today. Just in time for your Halloween parties! I guess we're trying to soak in all of the boozy fun we can before we get old and kids force us grow up a little.

Side note... Even though we had an open bar at our wedding, we had two guests with Liquid Apple Pie in mason jars, sharing it with everyone. Let me tell you, those two guests were easily some of the favorites at our wedding! ha!

Don't be intimidated by the grain alcohol. I absolutely promise you that you will never know its in there! However, you can still get pretty toasted so be responsible! There I got my disclaimer in there, right? Anyways...


Ingredients:
1 Gallon of Apple Juice
1/2 Gallon of Apple Cider
4-6 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Liter of Everclear

I cut this recipe in half because we'll only have 4 people here this weekend and already have a ton of beer! I'm sure you can swap out the grain alcohol for a different liquor, or use 151 if your state doesn't sell Everclear.

This is one of the easiest drinks to make. In a large pot on your stove top, simmer the apple juice, apple cider, and cinnamon sticks for two hours (do not boil). Remove from heat and allow to cool. Then, strain out the cinnamon sticks and add the Everclear.



It's absolutely essential you put the Liquid Apple Pie in a mason jar, because its cute and keeps it sealed. We couldn't fit all of it into just one mason jar, so the rest went back into the Apple Juice container. You know, just keepin' it classy.

Refrigerate until ready to serve. Hint: Top a shot of this drink with whipped cream. YUM!

Has anyone had this drink before or have any other concoctions planned for Halloween festivities? I saw these shooters which would be SO fun for a party!

14 comments

  1. cant wait to see pics of giant jenga + those shots in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite fall drinks! Hubs and I have been talking about whipping up some more sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. giant Jenga sounds amazing! I bet those yoga pants didn't hurt, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's hysterical you're making giant jenga! I bet those Lowes' employees did think you were crazy with all those pieces! If you add Fireball to the liquid apple pie it adds an extra kick! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I be your neighbor??! Love the giant jenga idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my good guy friends makes apple pie shots for a couple local bars and sells the gallon for around $30. You could totally make a stock pile of those adorable mason jars with the cute label on them and make some money. Or apple pie shot stand instead of a lemonade stand?! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Giant jenga - the world's best party trick... in college there was a bar that would have jenga tournaments, pretty much the best thing ever (just sayin')

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A giant jenga tournament sound awesome!! I think it would be a great addition to a beer olympics day too!

      Delete
  8. Um, I think I may need to make this ASAP. It looks so good! And I've been wanting to try the jinga!

    ReplyDelete
  9. shooo...that liquid apple pie would knock me out!! still need to try it... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I was feeling the pain the day after but I think that is because of the beer I drank too! haha I'm not as young as I used to be!

      Delete
  10. I am a huge fan of the liquid apple pie. The dangerous part is that you can't tell there is alcohol in it. :) Have a super weekend! Stopping over from the linkup...

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.