Autumn Favorites

Happy Tuesday all! I was feeling a bit under the weather yesterday but today I'm back at it and hoping you all had a great weekend! I took full advantage of the Columbus Day sales this weekend... what can I say,  I'm a sucker for a good deal! I can now blame J. Crew Factory, Pottery Barn, and World Market for our cheap dinners this week...

This weekend we made another visit to the beach with the pup and picked up some pumpkins at the lamest pumpkin patch ever, at least compared to a Northerner's standards. It was 82 degrees so the hubs and I were sweating while carrying our overpriced pumpkins back to the car. Andddd my hair got a bit out of control. Ugh! Thinking of cutting it... I'll get back to that later this week for opinions!
 


Fall in the South is different. I'm enjoying the weather here more than I did in Florida, but I miss the crisp air, cold nights, and breezy days I grew up with in the North. I suppose that means I'll always be a Northerner at heart... even if my body doesn't think it and I freeze my pants off when visiting family in the next few months.

Between the pumpkins and the A/C running because my husband is five hundred degrees warmer than me at all times, I'm starting to get used to this "new" fall and finding ways to make it feel more like my favorite season. Here are some of my favorites so far!



1. "Pumpkin Pie" Yankee Candle: This candle is money well spent, let me tell you. I love Yankee Candles during the fall (and winter).  The whole house smells fantastic! I also like the Autumn Wreath scent for fall.

2. Essie "Carry On" Nail Color: I've been too intimidated by dark nail colors to branch off from my typical light pink or red (only during the holidays) but I'm actually really liking this color! It's got a nice burgundy, purple-ish hue and seems way more appropriate for the fall than pink!

3. West Elm Ombre Throw: I had my eye on this for a while before finally buying and adding it to my collection of like... 20 throws. I might have a problem. It's super soft and the perfect amount of warmth for chilly fall nights and times when my husband cranks up the A/C! Plus they come in a bunch of fun ombre colors.

4. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte: I thought I'd switch it up and try the salted caramel mocha this year but I can't, I need as much PSL as I can get before they switch to the icky peppermint drinks!

5. Hunger Games "Catching Fire": The second movie comes out next month so I'm re-reading the book... so excited!

6. J. Crew Boy Shirt: I've been pretty much living in these cotton button downs (that is, when I'm not wearing my yoga pants to work... which I mentioned here) because I can just roll up the sleeves if I get warm. I'm loving the plaid flannel version at the Factory store now... might be a Thanksgiving weekend purchase!

7. J. Crew Factory Ankle Jeans: Perfect for our warmish fall weather, I love these jeans! I can throw sandals on with them and a short sleeve shirt on warm days, or throw boots and a sweater with them when it gets cooler.

I forgot to include my pearl earrings, I never go anywhere without them! What are your favorite items for fall so far? Anyone else make some fun purchases during the Columbus Day sales?!

P.S. Do you comment on posts and think I'm a total jerk for not responding? You're probably a "no-reply blogger" and its an easy fix! See these instructions from Jenni at Story of My Life. If I can't email you, I post a reply to you in the comments section! Oh and keep them coming... I love hearing from you all! XO!

12 comments

  1. Better get used to the weather here! It sucks I know! We've had many 75 degree Christmases! Then January comes and it's 40 outside and you can't stay warm! It's all mixed up! I love the Yankee Candle Autumn Wreath candle too! Unfortunately it doesn't smell too strong in my house, but no candle does so nothing new, but I still light it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these fun fall finds! I'm ready for a cold front to arrive in the south, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you see the new catching fire preview that aired last night?! we seriously watched it on the dvr twice! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Oh man I'm SO excited! I am interested to see more of the arena and how they do the clockwork thing with it!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for posting about the non reply blogger. I had another blogger point that out to me and I searched and searched for how to change it, but never could find it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that ómbre throw - adding it to my Christmas wish list!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had one pumpkin spice latte yet this year, I really need to go get one before fall starts turning into winter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should reread the 2nd book before the movie comes out too! Glad to here you are feeling better. I love Essie nail polish. I have a post about it here ----> http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com/2013/07/noteworthy-nails.html

    FYI - giveaway at my blog!
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need a new throw blanket! The dog children have destroyed mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is how ours get too! You will love the ombre one, its on sale now!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I love pumpkin patches, hopefully one near you is a bit larger and cheaper than ours! haha

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.