Loving Lately

I hope you are all having a fabulous start to Spring! After a long, cold winter there is literally nothing better than longer days, warmer temps, and some time outside soaking in the vitamin D! Also, there is nothing harder than trying to keep your crazy dog from running around because she is on "rest" orders from the vet, especially when you're simultaneously trying to help her lose a pound or two. So that's been fun.

Anyway, onto my favorites as of late...

1. Raybans. My sweet husband surprised me with these sunnies before our trip as an anniversary gift! I was SO shocked because I honestly thought I was opening up a bag of snacks or something for the plane ride. Also, I instantly felt terrible because I only got him a card since I figured the trip was our gift to each other. Wife fail.


2. Apple cider donuts. Is it acceptable to make these if it isn't Fall? I've been wanting to try them ever since Christina shared this recipe... and now I have the pan to do it!

3. Makeup and Skincare items. This is random but as I was packing all of my favorite makeup and skincare items up for our trip, I realized these are the only items in my entire makeup drawer that I've used in months!



Calamine lotion is the best for blemishes. I use it as spot treatment overnight and I put it on areas that I think might be a problem. Also, not sure why I keep all my other lipsticks, eye shadow, or blush, because this Smashbox palette (which has lasted forever, this might be the closest thing now), Revlon lip gloss, and Lorac cheek stain are the bomb. I've tried more expensive options for mascara and always come back to the cheap stuff!

4. Gold Dog bookend. I got this from TJ Maxx and sprayed it gold to go with the new office theme. I'm loving it, especially since Ruby sleeps next to me throughout my work day. It's a rough life!



5. Ombre Easter Eggs. Not sure if I feel like counting 65 drops of dye into just one of the egg dye cups, but these are so stinking cute and festive!

6. Sorbet and Champagne Floats. Why did I not think of this?! I don't know when I'll be drinking champagne next, but you can bet your ass it will have some sorbet in it.

7. Anniversary cake. I've heard good and bad things about the taste of Anniversary cakes, but I'm still holding out hope that ours will taste as amazing as it did on our wedding day. It was the one thing I ate in its entirety on our wedding day. Okay, maybe I ate some cookies too but my dress was big!



That's it for me this week! Thank you all for your comments while I've been across the pond! I promise I'm reading ALL of them :) Hope y'all have a great weekend!

12 comments

  1. What an AWESOME surprise gift :) And I'm assuming they fit your face too, which is such a win!! I gave my husband raybans for Christmas, but we had to exchange them. And champagne and sorbet floats sound so yummy. Even right now at 8:30 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww what a sweet gift! i love my ray-bans... i didnt think they would be a lot better than cheapo sunglasses but they are!! i hope you had a great trip! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you saved your wedding cake! My hubby and I saved ours too, but it didn't turn out so great, but I've heard from other people that theirs tasted just as good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wedding cake was AMAZING on our one-year anniversary! We just microwaved it a bit and it was like it just came out of the oven! Hope your trip is going well!
    PS - your make up bag is gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those glasses, I think I need them :) And yay for the cake!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're having a great time over seas! Theo and I miss you guys though! Love that gold dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet with the sunglasses gift! I LOVE that dog bookend. So cute spray painted gold. Keep loving Italy and taking it all in. And PS definitely don't save your cake for your second anniversary. Now that was a #wifefail hah.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you are having the best time ever! I love that gold dog I am going to be on the hunt for it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! I love those book ends and sorbet and champaign? Yes, please!
    Hope your cake provides a very special moment for you two!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogpsot.com
    *100 Books to Read in a Lifetime Giveaway ends today!*

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love my Raybans too, one of my best purchases. Isn't Clinique foundation the best?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWW so sweet you are eating your anniversary cake! I hope its yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to hear about your trip! Btw, that champagne float sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.