Master Bedroom Update

Y'all, its been months since I started on this Master Bedroom redo. I'm so glad to finally have enough completed to share it with you!

The room isn't completely finished, in fact I need some advice which you'll see later, but it looks 110% different than it did to begin with! Now if only my husband and I could act like grown ups and make our bed more often...

A few things: We're renting and since that bedroom is massive, I didn't feel like painting the walls. Also I really had my heart set on big mirrored nightstands like these but those were out of the budget, so maybe someday!

Here is what it looked like before (You can see my inspiration here and here):


And here it is after, with a little better photography...


We needed a storage ottoman because we don't have a linen closet, and this holds an extra set of sheets plus a few throw blankets. It was originally tan so I recovered it (poorly) but its good enough for now.

 

The duvet cover is from Pottery Barn. I'm a little disappointed in it because it puckers around the monogram and no matter what the eff I do, I can't unwrinkle it. I also hate duvet covers, so I guess I had that one coming.



I DIY-ed this Lumineers print. I love, love that song and we played it during our cake cutting, so I had to include it in the room!


The one dilemma I have is the nightstands with the white lamp shades. Since I'm not entirely sold on the nightstands, I'm being really picky about them. What do you think?! Look for a different color all together, stick with plain white (the grey trim is just pinned on right now), or leave it as is?!



Overall, I'm pretty happy with it considering we were on a budget! It is so nice having a pretty and relaxing bedroom to retreat to at the end of the day!

I think we spent a little over $1,000. This includes the DIY headboard, curtains, and throw pillows as well as the dresser, nightstands, storage ottoman, lamps, bedding, picture frames... you get the picture. Basically everything.

Sources
Headboard: DIY
Storage Ottoman: Walmart, recovered
Curtains: DIY
Throw Pillows: DIY, floral fabric + geometric fabric
White Monogramed Duvet Cover and Euro Shams: Pottery Barn in White
Duvet and Euro Shams: Ikea
Blue Coverlet and Shams: TJ Maxx
Dresser: Garage Sale find, repainted
Nightstands: Ikea, painted white with this hardware
Acrylic Lamps with White Shades: World Market
Mercury Glass Lamp: TJ Maxx
Mirrored Frame: TJ Maxx
Acrylic Tray: Marshall's, added monogram decal
Mirrored Jewelry Box: Target
Mercury Glass Vase: Hobby Lobby
Wall Picture Ledges: DIY, similar here
White Frames: Ikea + Michael's

28 comments

  1. I think you did a fantastic job! The room looks beautiful and serene. I love that you added the gray to the lamp shade. Love the look of those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great!!!! That headboard is so pretty and contrasts so well with the night stands!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing! I really like the gray accent on the lampshades with the nightstands. It's just the right amount of accent. And the white nightstands look great, don't talk yourself out of anything. You did a great job! Can I ask, when you did the monogram, how did you do the initals? Did you do your first initial on one side, your husbands on the other, and the last in the middle? I've always wondered about married couples monograms. I'm Jess and my husband is Jason, so I assume it would he jTj, but I've just never been sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful!! Very open, lots of nice light!! Pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you made that headboard! You've got skills girlfriend. : ) Love your bedroom, I'm a sucker for aqua + white, and yours is beautiful. Have you checked HomeGoods for the mirrored nightstands? I see them often at our store in NC for around $100-ish. Craigslist is always a good place to watch, too. I like the trim/ribbon on the lamps, I think it gives it a little something. Last thing, does your PB duvet wrinkle bad aside from around the monogram? I passed up PB's for the Restoration Hardware one and it is a complete wrinkled mess every time it's washed, SO disappointed in it {and the extra $ I spent on it, ugh.}

    ReplyDelete
  6. it looks great! i LOVE that headboard and i am super impressed that you made it! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  7. cait! it looks so, so good! the headboard is amazing! where did you find the hardware on the nightstands? i love those pulls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new bed setup is just lovely! We recently updated ours as well, though there's quite a bit of work left to do. But still, it's such an awesome feeling to walk into a room that you're starting to love at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so calming and spa-like with the whites and blue. Great job! Love how the Lumineers print and canvas photos turned out too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hate duvets too! We just got a new bedroom set after living with hand-me-downs for a year and a half so I am bedding shopping too. Your room looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you did such a wonderful job!! It looks beautiful. I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. IN LOVE with this room!!! You have done a great job girly! Now come do mine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would cover the lampshades in fabric. Maybe use a dusky blue or teal to bring out that color in the throw pillows? But the room looks great! Love everything you did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! great additions without breaking the bank. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks great! See that little print you created? How would you feel about creating me one with those same flowers? :) I think that would look perfect in little babies nursery! It's also incredible how much having a headboard makes a difference. When we get a larger room that needs to be something we purchase or create!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your bedroom looks amazing! I need you to come over and help us with ours. It's a mess. Definitely he most neglected room in the house. I love your duvet even if it does pucker!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks great! I love your headboard, what an awesome DIY job!!

    xoxo
    hillarysgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks AMAZING and I still can't believe y'all made that headboard! I LOVE your DIY song quote. Gah, now I feel bad that I've neglected our master bedroom. haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful job!! I actually love that you didn't paint because it really showcases what can be done without having to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love love love this space! So grown up and serene :) Have you thought about mirrors hanging behind the nightstands if mirrored ones are out of budget? I've seen that on Pinterest and love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It looks great! I love the floral throw pillows, lyrics print, and the way you styled the nightstand! Maybe try hanging mirrors behind the lamps? Only last thing I would change is that ceiling fan. We have a pretty chandelier hanging and it makes me smile every time!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the room! It looks so good - those pillows are perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahh, everything looks SO GOOD! Love the pillows & the headboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So in love with this room! You did a fabulous job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so gorgeous and makes me want to run and re-do our master! You did such a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your. Headboard. OMG...amazing. The room looks fabulous, lady! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE it. So crisp and clean yet personal too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.