Homeward Bound!

Bonjour! 

After the most amazing anniversary trip abroad we are finally making our way home today! Sorry I'm posting late, we're currently in Atlanta. Even though we are sad to be leaving Europe, we are so excited to get home to our little Ruby, wear some clean clothes, sleep, and take cough medicine. I am also oddly excited to eat some chicken and veggies since I packed on about 8 pounds of carbs and pastries over here. No regrets, but that should make for a fun first week back at the gym!

I can't wait to share more photos but until then, here is a sneak peek of Paris!


For fun, here is our trip, by numbers, and in no particular order except for the last one. That was definitely my least favorite... 

12 = Days of travel
3 = Train rides
5 = Flights
8 = Cities
7+ = Churches visited
26+ = Monuments/ Historical sites visited 
24 = Macarons eaten
9 = Museums visited 
8+ = Bottles of wine and champagne consumed 
2 = Dry coughs/colds battled for the entire trip
8,846,383 = Stairs climbed (At least that is what it feels like)
12 = Cones of Gelato consumed 
2 = Wineries visited 
2 = Times I got shit on by effing pigeons (Seriously. At least it wasn't in my hair!)

Tonight our plans include spending time with my parents who vacationed at our house while we were gone and took care of Ruby! 

I hope you have all had a great two weeks... I'm working on going through all of your comments and can't wait to get back to blogging!

14 comments

  1. I love the trip in numbers, especially the 24 macarons. Can't wait to see more pics! Welcome back to the states :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you're back! Or almost back. Let's get together this weekend so we can hear all about your trip! Looks like it was amazing! I bet little Ruby can't wait to see you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think when I was in Italy it was gelato at least twice a day, so I'm impressed you are only at 12 lol ;). I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to hear more about your travel. Do you think they ship macarons from Paris ;) I know we have good ones here but I swear there is something special about eating them in Paris. Ahh I wanna go back

    ReplyDelete
  5. o no!! pigeons!! other than that and the cold so happy to hear that you had a great time :) WELCOME BACK! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. Europe is wonderful. Glad you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe travels! And omg TWICE by pigeons??? Someday you will laugh about that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved seeing your pics on Instagram! Looks like y'all had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have a safe flight back home! Love all of the numberes and can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeeek I love your last number!!!! lol!! The trip sounds amazing tho! Hope you enjoyed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ...and all those numbers add up to PRICELESS. What an amazing trip! Welcome back - Chick-fil-a is open till 10 ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah sounds like the perfect trip. Always so fun to get away AND return home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this round up! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.