Beachin' It

I hope you are all having a great week! We're still visiting with family near the prettiest beach in Florida, and the sun finally came out yesterday so I could make an after-work trip to Siesta Key Beach! I didn't get a chance to lay out but I'll take any excuse I can to walk with my hubs on the softest, whitest sand ever.

Don't judge my unfashionable rainbows, clearly I'm not a fashion blogger...

But seriously, how white is that sand!? I'm hoping to make another trip there before we leave. I need another day to soak it in and relax.

Beach Towel.

Maybe its my Type-A personality but there are a few things I cannot forget when I hit the beach.

Headphones + iPhone for music. Most days I don't use these because who doesn't love hearing the crashing waves?! But on busy summer beach days when the people next to you are chomping on chips (and causing seagulls to dive bomb the scraps your new beach neighbors are stupidly feeding them) and blasting some sort of Pitbull garbage music, headphones (and probably a relocation of your beach towel) are necessary.

Sunscreen + Chapstick. I don't even recognize myself in some of my college photos because I was so tan. Class for 3 hours, pool time for 4. It was a rough life. But now my skin cannot handle that so I have to lather on the sunscreen. I still use some 15 SPF oil but definitely not on my face or chest. I love the Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer lotion because it doesn't make my face feel oily or gross.

Monogram Tumbler. I love this tumbler for water or other beverage of choice!

Over-sized Towel. I love love massive beach towels. Like the two-person towels but I keep it all to myself. I saw huge turkish towels at TJ Maxx recently for $15 and I'm totally kicking myself for not adding one to my beach towel collection.

Sunnies. I've been loving my Raybans this summer. I don't go anywhere without them, but they are especially good on the beach because the UV protection is great.

Reading Material. Love me some trashy magazines at the beach. I can't do books, I'll get them sweaty or covered in suncreen. They don't appreciate that at the library and I'm too old school for an e-reader.



Also, am I the only one that hates coming home with sand on everything? I usually bring a ziploc bag to protect my phone and money from the sand just in case things get rogue. Somehow I always end up with sand in my mouth... it's the worst.

One thing I've been wanting to add to my beach bag is a sand spike for your drink (see above about hating sand on things). I've got my eye on these monogrammed drink holders or maybe even this college version!

What is your must have for a beach day?! Anyone have beach vacations coming up?

23 comments

  1. Wow! That beach is breathtaking! There is nothing better than clear blue water and a white sandy beach... now I miss the Ocean! Glad you're having a wonderful vacation! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I'm reading this as it's raining outside! You are making me want to take a vacation ASAP! I too hate sand on my stuff! Probably why I end up at the hotel pool more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful beach! I'm so jealous! There are definitely no beaches in the midwest like that. Great list too! I love the Neutrogena sunscreen as well. Hope you're having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO jealous! I LOVE Siesta Key! I haven't been in a year though... I need to make a trip back soon. The beach is amazing there! I've been wanting to get a beach spike for awhile too!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. that beach looks amazing - and i want your bag! and yes to the sand, i hate being covered in it, no matter what i do it comes home with me. baby powder helps it come off though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beach! I've lived in FL most of my life and have never been to Siesta Key - I need to go!! Great list and I'm with you on all of it - I also like beach chairs because I too don't like getting sand on me and it keeps me above the sand a little!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That beach looks so different from the SC beaches! Seeing this is getting me so excited for our Florida trip in July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiiinda want to go visit this beach now too! Looks and sounds absolutely amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sand does look perfect! I am definitely dreaming of the beach-- I love the tumblr you have! It might be one of the cutest I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That definitely ain't a SC beach judging by the clean white sand ha. How pretty! I HATE sand. And it always ends up in my ears which is most unpleasant as well ha. Enjoy your vacay, cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow that sand is SO white and clean!!! have a great vacation!
    and btw i used to LOVE my rainbow sandals! they are so comfy :) xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so pretty!! Enjoy and hope you get to make one more trip too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have twinsie posts today!!! Except you actually get to be at the beach... That white sand is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, the sand can drive me nuts!! I am in desperate need of a beach trip, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rainbows are in fashion!! ...as long as you're from FL. Haha. Welcome back to the Sarasota area!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous photos at the beach and that monogrammed tumbler is too cute. I'm wanting one of those drink holders too because I hate sand on the bottom of my cup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The beach looks like heaven right now!! Just a little bit jealous ;) Totally agree with all of your beach essentials, especially the over-sized towels! And I feel you with sand getting everywhere.. we started beach volleyball this week and afterwards I showered and went to sleep.. but STILL woke up with sand in my bed! What the heck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooooh to be at the beach right now with my bikini on, oversized hat, and a drink in my hand. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. So jealous! I had my bachelorette party at Siesta Key and just loved it. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. There is nothing better than a day at the beach!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sand looks AMAZING! wow, so beautiful. Have so much fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.