Hello Friday!

Happy Friday! So glad we made it to the end of the week! Lets get right down to business. Per the usual, I'm linking up with Christina and Amanda for my Friday favorites!

Father's Day

I hate to admit that Father's Day totally snuck up on me this year! Maybe it was because we were out of town but I didn't have my act together until yesterday when I finally mailed my Dad a card! Totally talking my Mom into picking up something in the gift department for him so he has something on Sunday! What did y'all get for your Dad? I need ideas!

Poke Cake/Cupcakes


It's official, poke cupcakes are my favorite summer treat! Has anyone had poke cake before? I just used a boxed cake mix, strawberry jello, and cool whip for the topping. The jello makes the cake so moist, though I could have gone a little more crazy with the poking part!

Treat Yo Self Mani-Pedi


I'm finally treating myself to a mani-pedi this weekend... I've been needing it for so long! Anyone else have "Treat Yo Self" days?! Anyway, I can never decide what colors I want and the nail techs always get really impatient with me so I'm trying to decide in advance. Is anyone else into the powder blue nails this summer? It's a little out of my box but I'm kind of liking it!

Bacherlorette Party Gift Idea

Has anyone seen this poem that goes with a bunch of sexy (and granny) underwear for the bride-to-be?! One of my bridesmaids put this together for me and I thought it was hilarious! She definitely picked out some crazy ones (particularly the 25th anniversary panties to "keep the love alive"). Instead of hanging them on a clothes line, she wrapped each pair separately with the corresponding section of the poem so I could open them in order. I am totally doing this for two bachelorette parties that are coming up!

Instagram  Funny


I saw this on Instagram this week and it made me laugh. So true, for like... every picture of myself that I try to post!

Also I wanted to say thank you for the comments on yesterday's post, you are all so incredibly sweet! Y'all are the reason I love this blogging community!

We don't have big plans for the weekend, just getting organized, catching up on sleep, and hopefully a trip to Boxcar Betty's because I've been heard about it a ton this week from Ally and Megan! Anyone have anything good going on?!

17 comments

  1. Loving the instagram funny - aint that the truth - pale in photo - tan on instagram!! thank you! Love powder blue nails - bikini so teenie has been my go to this summer! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Bachelorette poem and undies idea!!! Super cute I need to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to treat myself to a mani/pedi someday soon!!! Always needed! :)

    Alycia//Crazily Normal
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of poke cupcakes before but they seriously sound and look amazing! And Cool Whip topping? Yes please! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dad is so cute! I love a mani/pedi every once in a while! It's a great treat!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that panty poem for a fun gift idea! And now I need to look up how to make poke cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that nail color! I feel like I'm going to be on the hunt for it now! I love treat yourself days, especially now that I have a toddler in tow 24/7! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I treat myself to a manicure every 2-3 weeks! Love that hour of R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the instagram funny! So true. I've never done powder blue nails, but it looks really good in that picture! I've been on a Essie Too Taboo kick lately. Have a great treat yo'self day! LOVE those. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your "me" day - those are the best! Can't wait to hear how y'all like Boxcar Betty's - so needing to stop in there still!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that color in the mani picture! That picture of your dad on your wedding day is so sweet! Thanks so much for linking up girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh I love the powder blue! I may need to do that for my next mani. Hope you had a great "me" day - tomorrow is my birthday so I plan on doing the exact same thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful picture of you and your dad, so special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that wedding pic of you and your dad! And that nail color is so pretty. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had poke cake before, but never cupcakes... such a fun idea!! The cupcakes always turn out so moist!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that underwear poem idea--so fun!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.