Friday Favorites!

High five for Friday, we made it! My husband and I have been working so much this week, it was starting to feel like we were in hibernation after barely leaving the house and making half-assed dinners all week. Anyone else have those weeks?! Anyway I couldn't be more happy to have the weekend here so getting down to business...

As usual I'm linking up with Amanda this fab Friday!

Summer Grilling

I have to admit my diet is mostly vegetables and sweets, but I'm trying to kick the latter to the curb since it's bathing suit season. My favorite healthy side this summer has been grilled corn on the cob!

You can keep the husk on but personally I hate messing with it after the corn is cooked and when I'm practically starving so my trick has been to husk it first, coat it with butter, add a little sea salt and some fresh parsley before wrapping it in tin foil and grilling for about 20 minutes. It comes out so good and  ready to eat! 

Ruby Update

This is an old photo, but it's one of my favorites!

I've gotten a few questions lately about how Ruby is doing after her ACL/Meniscus surgery (y'all are too sweet!). I'm so happy to report she thinks she is completely healed, she jumps on and off furniture and runs around trying to get us to play (all things she isn't supposed to be doing yet, but how do you stop a dog from being a dog?!). She does still limp a little but she's got another checkup coming up so we'll see what the vet says then!

Favorite Find: J. Crew Factory Dress

Factory Stripe Pocket Dress

So I saw this in the store a few weeks ago and was waiting for it to go on sale, I think I may have to snatch it up this weekend! It's such a cute, easy dress to throw on with sandals this summer! Love me a cute shift dress!

Fourth of July Dessert Kebab

{Via}

Remember what I said about trying to cut back on sweets?! Well, this might have to be an exception. It would be such an easy and festive dessert option for Fourth of July parties! I'm pretty sure this is being added to our party menu! (You can see more festive ideas here!)

Home Office Redo: Complete!

My home office update is finally complete! It took me a while to get the gallery wall in order so I'm giving you a sneak peak! The rest of the details will be on the blog next week!

In other blog news, I almost caught up on emails late last night and my one year Blogiversary is coming up next week! I can't even believe it! Stay tuned for some fun stuff now that work is slowing down and I can actually have a life!

Cheers to the weekend! :)

25 comments

  1. Summer grilling is the best! If only the rain would stop here so we could actually get out and grill! Your sneak peak of the office looks so pretty, can't wait to see the rest. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Corn on the grill is so delicious! So glad to hear your dog is doing well after her surgery! I can't wait to see the rest of your home office-- those prints look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your corn on the cob looks delicious!! That pic of Ruby is super cute! Glad she's doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They just opened up a JCrew outlet 5 minutes from where I live. I think I'm going to have to go check out that dress - it's too cute! Grilled corn on the cob is also pretty much the best thing about summer time grilling. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummm that kebab looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Ruby - glad she's on the road to recovery :) Can't wait to see the full gallery wall! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see your home office all complete! And of course adore the Ruby update! Happy Weekend Girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer grilling is definitely the best... so is that desert kabob! Yum! Glad Ruby is healing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Corn on the grill is the best!! We cooked it with no foil and it was so good! Our pup had to have knee surgery too, so I know the struggle with that is so real. Ours would go up and down the stairs no matter how hard I tried to stop him!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love grilled corn on the cob.. perfect for summer. And not to mention those kabobs... definitely making a note of those! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss grilling. Now that I have a duplex I'm so tempted to find a cheap grill to put in the back. Those kabobs look so amazing. I almost made them for a bridal shower last summer but we went with...I don't remember what we went with instead actually ha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We grilled corn for the first time recently and man it was good! Ruby looks so cute in that pic! Let's try to get together this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. MMM, I want that fruit kebab! I am a monthly contributing blogger on The Flair Exchange, and for July I have a similar recipe but I never thought of brownies, how yummy! I am glad Ruby is doing better. I love that photo of her in the car. Dogs are seriously the best! Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see your office and that pic of Ruby is precious! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello from the link up! I absolutely love grilling corn on the cob! I usually add spray butter, cilantro, and salt to mine. Love the sneak peak of your office! Very cute! Have a beautiful weekend - xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love hearing that Ruby is doing well, I love that pic of her!

    And I have made those brownie and fruit kabobs before for a picnic, huge hit!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Corn on the grill is just about the best think ever!! You have the hustle print that I want - :) Happy to hear that Ruby is doing much better! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those 4th of July kabobs look amazing!! And that J.Crew dress is too cute! Glad to hear Ruby is doing better! :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Totally just pinned those kebabs for the 4th!! I love festive red, white & blue food!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That picture of Ruby is amazing!!! You need to submit that to someone... I dont know who, but that needs to be shown off!!

    And the JCrew dress is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ahh that dress from jcrew, love it! i would grill all summer long if i could, maybe i should!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Immediately obsessed with the dress. So happy to her Ruby is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Summer grilling is my absolute fav pretty much due to the lack of clean up afterwards ;-) That dress is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooh definitely making those kabobs for 4th of July! So cute and some of my very favorite foods. So glad to hear Ruby is doing well and can't wait to see more of your office update!

    ReplyDelete
  25. There is nothing better than corn on the cob on the grill in the summer. The dessert kabob looks delish!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.