Wedding Season is here! Help!

I hope you are all having a great week so far! During our almost hundred degree weather yesterday our A/C decided to bail, so its approximately 87 degrees in our house as I'm writing this (92 degrees upstairs). It's just... ew. I feel bad for the poor soul who is coming to fix it today because I look and smell like a hot mess.

Speaking of Summer... As I'm sure other twenty-somethings can relate, wedding season is here again. We've got a wedding next month at the fanciest hotel in Pittsburgh (but it's not black tie) so I'm really stoked about dressing up. I'm not the most fashionable person, but I know I can't wear my go-to J.Crew dress to this shindig.

Unless I find a really gorgeous patterned dress, I'm definitely going with a solid, classy look. Hopefully I can wear the same jewelry and strappy nude heels with each option so my bank account doesn't suffer for the sake of one day. 

Top Shop Crepe Shift Dress (Similar). Zara Open Back Dress. Topshop Fit and Flare Dress.
Lucite Fan Necklace. Zara Wide Heel Sandal. Uber Clutch.





My main qualification for any wedding guest attire is that I be able to bust my moves in it. Heels are questionable since I rarely wear them these days, but I figure once everyone is a few drinks down they won't notice I switched to sandals!

I love these bright colors and I think they will look nice next to my husband, who is wearing a grey suit. That is... assuming they can take out his pants so his big booty will fit. (At least our kids will have the good butt gene thanks to him) 

So what do y'all think? Should I look for a maxi dress or are these good options? I'm only slightly considering renting something from Rent the Runway. To be honest I get majorly overwhelmed by all of the options there.

18 comments

  1. I really like the green dress! I've never been to a super fancy wedding, but I feel like it's summer, so short dresses are allowed right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! My vote is for the pink or green one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All those dresses are super cute! I am obsessed with the green one. I think the pink one would work too. Have fun!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh yes it was 86 this weekend but today it is only 67. And yep all three of these would totally work for a wedding event.

    Allie of ALLIE NYC
    allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's a big difference! Crazy weather! Thanks so much for your help! :)

      Delete
  5. I love your picks, simple and chic! Love that clutch too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the green one! and those heels are so cute, I actually considered those as my wedding shoes, but since it's on grass, the heel didn't make the cut. Good luck in your search :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love the green dress! i think buying solid dresses is so smart bc you can easily change up the look with different jewelry! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our AC died yesterday too! Of course on the 96 degree day of all days! Thankfully they sent someone out last night to fix it. Best of luck with yours! By the way love all of those dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say I love the green dress the most. But I am a HUGE RTR fan and have never gotten a bad outfit from there! If you're feeling overwhelmed, use the filters on the side bar to narrow down price, age, style, etc. That always helps me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks! I am all about the classics that you can pair different accesories with. Ummm, I rarely keep my heels on. They always come off after a few drinks...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your picks - keep the cocktail length (maxis are hard to dance in sometimes). You can add a random colored clutch with any of these too for color-blocking. You're gonna be one hot mama at the weddings!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I vote Rent the Runway! Could be fun for a night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the pink and the blue one personally. Maxis are great but since you said this wedding is at a fancy hotel I'd say wear a shorter dress. I'd let you borrow my uber clutch but it has my initials on it. If that doesn't bother you can you borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pink!!! You can't go wrong with cocktail length! So sorry that your AC is busted - hope it's fixed son!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loving these pics girl...you can add fun jewelry to them and def wear them all again! I am finally back to blog world post wedding and so excited to catch up with all my blogger ladies!! Loving this post and those Zara heels!!! Xxxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving all those jewel tones! I think the pink is my favorite choice and usually I'm always a royal blue fan, but I love the cut of the pink shift. Cocktail length is the way to go because I have a horrible time dancing in long maxi dresses plus they are extra hot!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that green dress! The open back is sexy. I think any of the three would work well though as you can reuse them again. I have used Rent the Runway a couple times and I have enjoyed it, but honestly, for the prices of some of the dresses on there, I would much rather buy a similar dress that I can use again (and again). Just make sure the bridesmaids aren't wearing the same color! Haha, but maybe it's just me that worries about that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.