Our Week in Florida

I hope you all had a great fab weekend! I personally would love to rewind time and have another weekend starting today. Wouldn't that be great?!

I missed blogging last week and I'm so glad to be home and get back into the swing of things. We weren't actually on vacation, both my husband and I had to work from home in Florida. It was weird not being able to head to the beach whenever I wanted or take my husband down in an epic mini-golf battle since we were confined to our computers on the few days the sun was out. 

But we were able to help my husband's family out which was the whole point of our trip and it was so great spending time with them! We managed a quick trip to Siesta for a walk on the beach and a little sun, but unfortunately I haven't officially retired Casper yet this year.
 



A friend of mine from college is 20 weeks preggers and her family hosted a giant party this weekend. I was so happy to be able to celebrate with her, she's the first in our group to have a little babe so it was really exciting! The daddy-to-be has this huge Cuban family and they went all out with food, they seriously need to start a catering business.

Keep in mind it was hot as balls and we had all been sweating for hours before this photo. The pretty mama is in the yellow dress, her bump is just too cute but its hard to see here! Also, remind me not to stand at that angle anymore for photos! Ew.

The party was topped off with a photo booth, cornhole, homemade beer, an acoustic guitar performance, lots of spanish-speaking (which I pretended to understand), and a decorate your own onesie table. My friend and the daddy-to-be are Florida Gators so since I have very little talent when it comes to puff paint, this is as good as my design gets...


So how was everyone's week?! I can't wait to catch up on all your posts that I missed!

18 comments

  1. Sounds like an amazing weekend! Jealous you got to make a trip down to Siesta... I'm dying for a little weekend trip there. It's so pretty!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! It looks like so much fun!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Looks like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful beach weekend and so much fun that you were in FL to celebrate the mama to be!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the onesie!!! It's always great to be a Florida Gator!! Sorry you weren't able to enjoy the beach more - but that first photo - amazing!! Hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beach pics, gorgeous. And what a fun baby shower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! The water is so pretty in FL (nothing like SC, sadly!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. not a bad place to work remotely from!! sounds like a fun time :) and that onesie is so cute. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  9. you know how much I love that onesie! Siesta Key is really the most gorgeous beach right? I can't wait to soak up some rays there this Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahah woohooo Go Gators! That onesie is pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that onesie is adorable!! wow siesta key is such a gorgeous beach

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Such a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great beach pics! Makes me wish I had a nice camera :( The shower sounds like so much fun! Your friend is adorable with her barely there bump!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pictures! Looks like a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Congratulations to your mama-to-be friend, love her yellow dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for a trip to the beach... Even if it was mixed in with work :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like such a fun party! I love that they had a guitar player! I am a sucker for live music.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.