Scenes from the Weekend

It's hard to believe the last June weekend is in the books! I'm counting down the days until our trip north for the Fourth of July, feeling a little overwhelmed at everything that needs to get done before then!

I keep adding unnecessary things to my to-do list, like my unexplained urge to make homemade caramel corn after a full weekend of touristy things with our guest. Despite the on and off summer rain, we got a lot in for one weekend!

Friday night we went to dinner at Vickery's on Shem Creek. The crab cakes were so delicious! Thankfully we sat inside because those enjoying the view outside were hit with a monsoon at one point. No pictures from that mess.

 

Saturday and Sunday consisted of some touristy stops like Rainbow Row, the Charleston Farmers Market, and the Old City Market. (I just snapped some iPhone photos that day, too lazy for my big girl camera)

I swear I could walk around downtown all day and take about a million pictures of the pretty windows!


There is always that one jackass that has to ruin your photo...
The Farmer's Market did not disappoint. I love seeing all of of interesting things people sell there, some of the homemade soaps smell so amazing! Of course the fruits and veggies looked delicious... I'm on a total peach kick lately!

 

Before we headed home we stopped by the Charleston Beer Exchange to get my Dad something local for this weekend. It was a tiny shop but absolutely packed with beers I've never heard of! If you bring your own growler, a 64 ounce is only $5 to fill, so I think we'll be doing that next time. The selection was a little overwhelming and we ended up just heading to Westbrook Brewery so our friend could try it out and we pick up some of my favorite 'White Thai' and 'One Claw' beers for my Dad!



I hope you all had a great weekend and are looking forward to the holiday weekend like we are!

17 comments

  1. The hydrangeas are so gorgeous at the FM but expensive! I haven't been to Vickery's in years but I love me some crab cakes. I don't know how y'all walked around DT this weekend it was so disgustingly hot!! See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You live in a beautiful city!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I've got to visit Charleston in the near future. Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous pictures, i love the different colours of the buildings. also, those peaches look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are amazing! Totally jealous! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh I miss charleston! The windows are my fave too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charleston is just a fabulous city and it's so fun to walk around and be a tourist in your own town!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We were in Charleston this last week, and I swear I might have spotted you at the Farmer's Market. I think I recognized your husband at first, and almost came up to say hi, but didn't want to come across as the crazy blogger stalker...ha! We absoutly loved Charleston, enjoyed some amazing food, and totally enjoyed walking around looking at all of the beautiful homes and the window boxes. We can't wait to come back again another time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, love the farmers market pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just adore your photos! So happy and colorful and the blue hydrangeas would make my weekend all by themselves!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of your photos! It looks like such a picture perfect weekend, chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha always a jack ass is right. Y'all checked off tons of good things to do though. And yes, Vickery's crab cakes are SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah your pictures make me jealous. Charleston is my happy place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a lovely weekend! That guy in the photo is too funny. Enjoy your trip! Try not to stress too much! Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you had a fun weekend! Your pictures are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those peaches look amazing!! And the hydrangeas are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.