Memorial Day + a Favorite Summer Drink

I hope you all had a wonderful long weekend! The weather here was a bit iffy but the hubs and I managed to cross a ton of things off our to-do list, nothing too exciting but it was a much needed 3-day weekend.

I was looking through my pictures from this weekend and no lie, they were all of food. I don't know whether to be embarrassed that food is obviously a high priority or mad at myself for not asking someone to take our photo at a friend's Memorial Day picnic.


I finally retired Casper this weekend and got some color. My makeup officially matches my skin again (yay!) and I feel skinnier. Does that even make sense? Sometimes a tan can really boost the self confidence. Also I don't normally like strapless swim suit tops but this one feels really secure and gives more shape than the regular bandeau tops. I definitely recommend!

This weekend I also took a page out of my college drinking playbook and put together a favorite summer drink! In college, we had this mixture of pineapple juice, OJ, sherbert, and lots of vodka. We would make it in a gallon jug because everyone loved it so much, we needed large quantities. Anyway, I didn't add vodka this time around (my body doesn't respond well to it after my bachelorette party experience) but it would be a really good addition.


The basic contents are Light Lemonade, two scoops of strawberry sherbert, some berries, and a paper straw of course. Let it sit for a couple minutes so the sherbert starts melting into the lemonade. So refreshing!

We made a festive breakfast before heading to a picnic yesterday, funfetti pancakes and all.


Ruby even dressed for the occasion. This sweet girl had a good report from the vet last week after her ACL surgery. We're halfway through the recovery process (I say "we" because I think its been harder on us than on Ruby) and only 6 more weeks of no jumping, steps, or running. All of which she did this weekend despite our best efforts. 

Obviously she's really thrilled about this picture.
And don't mind her crazy fur. I've had to trim her hair since she got hurt and its given me a much deeper respect for groomers!

Enjoy the short work week y'all!

21 comments

  1. That bathing suit is SO cute! Love it! And that drink looks amazing. And don't even get me started on how cute your pup is... :)

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these fun festive pics! Glad you had a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first photo makes me smile - just exudes pure fun!! That drink - YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bathing suit! I need a new one so bad. That drink looks amazing! I used to love the punch that was made at birthday parties with just sprite and sherbet. Since you don't like vodka, I bet champagne would be good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Ruby, don't you look festive! What a cutie! Hope she is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. show me more food! haha jk. the drink sounds amazing, and that spread looks delish. also i totally get what you mean about the tan making you feel skinnier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm i used to ALWAYS use pineapple in my mixed drinks! yum. love that suit! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that bathing suit! And oh my that drink looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that suit and I'm definitely going to check it out and maybe get one for myself :) Ruby is adorable in her festive gear

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute suit! And those pancakes look so fun and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute bikini! Ruby is adorable especially with her little bandana. Glad she's on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That drink!!!! It is sounds so so refreshing and perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! I may need to steal that recipe before the baby comes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, most of my weekend snaps were also food this weekend...Um 'merica? LOL...That drink looks refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That swimsuit is too cute!! Love it! That drink looks amazing too

    ReplyDelete
  16. The drink looks and sounds delicious! I would leave out the vodka as well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the swim wear and towel! And that drink...YUM! I need to try that this Summer for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ruby!!! That sweet girl melts my heart :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your suit and that drink sounds delicious! And how cute is sweet Ruby?!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.