Five on Friday!

Happy Friday all!

Is anyone else having trouble wrapping your head around the fact that its already May?! These hot temps have me so excited for Memorial Day and Fourth of July barbeques... and of course, vacation days!

In celebration of this fab Friday, I'm linking up with Christina and Amanda this week!

ONE. Monograms x 2.

Monogram Tee. Lilly Pulitzer Monogram (in Lucky Charm print).  Mason Jar Mug (Walmart).
These are the result of my recent Etsy monogram spree. I found the Lilly monogram and thought it would be great on the cheapo mason jar mug I saw at Walmart. (Side note about Walmart: The only thing worse than going there is when they are out of what you were going there for...) Then I found this monogram tee and knew I had to have it. It's perfect and oh so comfy! Super fast shipping from both sellers, they get an A+ in my book!

TWO. Bagels.


I realize this one is totally random but I'm obsessed with these new Maple French Toast bagels. Seriously delicious. Get them soon, they are "limited edition" folks!

THREE. Postcard from the Vatican.



So in case you were waiting on pins and needles after my Rome post, we finally received our postcard from the Vatican! You know, like over a month later. ha! I was so surprised this actually showed up and I'm glad to have it as a fun keepsake from our trip! Our parents got theirs this week too.

FOUR. Anyone else still rent Library books?

Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg


At the risk of sounding like the cheapest person ever, I am admitting that I got a public library card last night solely so I could rent this book. The book is like $14 (I'm old school and don't like e-readers) but I'd honestly rather spend my money on blueberry cake donuts. I was looking for something sort of inspirational on the career side but I'm hoping this is not too woman power-ish. I'll have a full book report on this in like 3 weeks when I maybe finish it, so stay tuned.

FIVE. Target and World Market do it again.

Drink Dispenser.



This week I raided the Target dollar section picking up some metallic pens and glitter washi tape that I definitely don't need. I think I came away relatively unscathed though because I held off on some of the summer goods for now

And because I had a 25 percent off coupon burning a hole in my pocket (don't you hate when that happens?!) I had to make a stop at World Market. I picked up this adorable glass drink dispenser for $15! I have a second one from last year... perfect for entertaining this summer! I think those chalkboard labels will be perfect to drape over the dispensers like this for our 4th of July festivities.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Anyone else excited to drink a margarita the size of your face on Monday?

37 comments

  1. I read Lean In a couple of months ago and loved it!! I was worried it would be too much feminist pride for me, but it turned out to be very encouraging and thought provoking. I hope you enjoy it :) And bonus points for getting it from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MUST find those bagels! The french toast bagel at Panera is my favorite so these are right up my alley!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Lean In a few months ago, it was great! Definitely a good read! Those bagels seriously sound amazing... I need those in my life! And obsessed with your monogram mason jar! SO cute!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just love the postcard idea! how cute :) those bagels sound delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy that the post card took that long but so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loveee your monogrammed goodies - the jar is so fun!! Awesome job on the World Market find too - love coupons!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to do the postcard thing when I travel! It'd be fun to write a short note about how I'm feeling at that moment and save it as a keepsake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love postcards from Europe! Getting postcards period is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those bagels sound amazing! I have a library card too and rent books all the time. I guess I'm just cheap when it comes to buying books! Y'all have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving both of your monogrammed goodies- the Lilly print is so cute! Have a great weekend :)

    Kristina
    medicineandmanicures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did you get the WM coupon? I've got my eye on a cabinet there for my husband's music room. Another fun place to send a postcard from is Hogsmeade at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. I've been twice and sent myself a postcard both times. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute drink dispenser and LOVING that Lilly monogram, perfect on that mason jar!

    ReplyDelete
  13. French toast bagels, oh I'm on the hunt now! Love your monogrammed things, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that drink dispenser! So cute! I have a library card and use it all the time! I have Lean In, but haven't read it yet. My boss gave it to me.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ummm i LOVE my library card! chicago has an ebook dept so i check out kindle books ALL the time! i read some of lean in and it was pretty good. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is such a great idea to send a postcard to yourself - definitely stealing that idea!! I read Lean In and it was sort of hard for me to get through...not sure why - but good book nonetheless! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my.... I went on an adventure to Walmart this week in a more rural part of the state and it was crazy....the best people watching ever!!! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving all the monograms! And that dispenser is perfect for entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am obsessed with French toast bagels so I'm sure those are amazing! Such a cute idea to send yourself postcards. I go to Walmart way too often and it is a serious confidence boost most of the time haha

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that you sent yourself a post card from Rome, how fun it must have been to get it in the mail! That is such a good idea for when you travel :) ...I get books from the library all the time. I don't remember the last time I bought a book. Free is great and that way I can use that money on something else... like those bagels :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally have a library card as well shhhhhh but I'm so bad I always forget to bring them back! I need those bagels in my life ASAP! Thanks for linking up girl! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Library cards are amaze! I must scoop up those bagels, but maybe broil ham and cheese on them for a good savory combo? Loving the drink dispenser for summer. Or Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Maple French Toast bagel??? What?????

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the mason jar mug, and the drink dispenser is fabulous!! The bagels sound delicious! YUM! I'll be on the look out for those since they're limited edition! Thanks for sharing ;) Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the library. Granted I worked at one as a student worker while I did my undergrad. All of the books or audiobooks I get are from the library. I don't get why people would spend money on them when you can get them for free?

    I listened to Lean In earlier this year. I thought the first 3/4 of the book were great. So many times I would just scream out "YES!!!!!" There was so much good advice in it. I even gave a copy to my boss as a gift.

    -Jackie
    http://ournashvillelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love that drinks dispenser! the colour is lovely. Stopping by from the link-up, hi! Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that you called it a monogram spree. I often go on sprees on Etsy. It turns out well for sellers, but not always for my wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Curious to hear your thoughts on Lean In. That woman went back to work TWO WEEKS after having her baby!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooooh those monogram items are super cute! I can't get enough of of monograms- and I don't think they're ever going to go out of style. Ever. And if they do? I'll still wear mine proudly. :)

    I found you through the link up! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I need to join you on your Etsy monogram spree!! Any shops in particular that you recommend?!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm going to hunt down those bagels! They sound sooo good! And I'm totally with you on renting library books. I'll buy some off Amazon if I can get them for dirt cheap (like less than $4) but otherwise there's no way I'm going to pay full price for a book I'm most likely only going to read once!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE the monogram tee and love finding your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm thinking I need to hunt down those bagels! They sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I cannot get over the fact that it is MAY! Unreal. I need to check out that Lean In book too!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh.my.goodness. I need that monogrammed tee and cup! So cute. The mason jar dispenser is precious...I might have to go get one! I'm hosting a wedding shower this month and that would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Bagels. I swear I could eat them all day long. Love them so much but they definitely don't love me anymore! And Rome?? So jealous and need to see pics. On my bucket list for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.