Happy Friday!

First I have to thank you all for your kindness and supportive comments about our little Ruby! I was blown away by all of your sweet messages and I am feeling much more optimistic about Ruby's next surgery (which will be Monday) and the 12 more weeks of recovery she has ahead of her. I'm also so glad y'all don't think I'm a crazy dog mom too. ha!

This week has been a little bit of a rollercoaster but since this is my favorite post of the week I wanted to share some short and sweet favorites!

Chocolate.

Giant chocolate and candy castle? Sure, why not?!
I've mentioned my love for Sarris Chocolate in the past... the factory is about 20 minutes from where I grew up so of course I had to make a trip this week. I'm pretty sure they thought I was buying all of this for a little kid. Nope, it's for me.

Not only do they have amazing chocolate but they have all the old school candy we used to eat as kids! Anyone else remember the wafers with beads inside them? Or candy cigarettes? I had to stop myself from raiding the shelves and buying one of everything, like the wax pop bottles.

Summer Reading.


I just started reading Where'd You Go Bernadette and I'm thinking I'll probably need another book or two for the roadtrip home, anyone have some recommendations? Ready, go!

Swoozies.

Wine Flies Beverage Napkin
Has anyone seen all of the adorable stuff on Swoozies or am I late to the scene?! I could spend hours looking at all the cute stuff, especially the monogrammed items, stationary and funny cocktail napkins. There are lots of great ideas for hostess gifts too!

Weekend ahead.

{via}
Today I have the day off from work and could not be happier! We're heading to downtown Pittsburgh tonight for dinner and I'm so excited, it's such a gorgeous city! We also get to dress up and celebrate at my friend's wedding tomorrow before heading back to Charleston. I'm going to be sad to leave but it's always nice getting home and back into the swing of things, and getting Ruby back on the road to recovery!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

9 comments

  1. Have an amazing time in Pittsburgh! I've never heard of Swoozies before but I'm going to have to check it out!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm that candy looks so good! i loved where'd you go bernadette!! i loved mojo moyes books! xo jillian - cornflake dreams 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh have fun at the wedding. Read The Invention of Wings asap! Amazing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That candy factory/shop sounds like so much fun!! Love that you snagged such sweet loot while there (especially the faves from childhood - too fun!! :)) Enjoy your day off today (yay!) and have a great time heading out to dinner tonight and celebrating your friend's wedding tomorrow! I'll be praying for Ruby on Monday! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly nothing beats Sarris pretzels! Everytime my mom goes home and asks us what we want her to mail its always Sarris pretzels! (Although the meltaway egg is a close second!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're feeling better about Ruby, and if you're a crazy dog mom, then so am I :) Um, yum on that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man that chocolate looks divine! I could not control myself with all that sweets. They would be gone by the weekend!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed Where Did You Go Bernadette! I just finished reading Reconstructing Amelia, it was pretty good. Sort of Gone Girl esq.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha yes to the candy cigarettes! I had forgotten all about those -- we used to think we were SO cool buying them when we were younger! Hope you're enjoying your day off and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.