Frozen Pup Treats + Our Weekend

I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was disgustingly hot. Like, the only way you could rationalize going outside of the air conditioning was if your feet were in a body of water and there was a cold drink your hand.

We briefly stopped by Isle of Palms beach on Sunday before heading over to the Daniel Island Waterfront Park. We had never been on Daniel Island and now I understand the high cost of real estate there because its so charming! We just walked around and took some photos in the small park while sweating buckets and finally heading home to Ruby.


I thought Ruby could use a new treat since she has been through a lot lately, and with the weather as hot as it is, I opted to try a frozen treat. Considering she is one of those dogs that takes about 10 minutes to eat a treat, I assumed these were pup-approved when she downed this one in about a minute!


Frozen Peanut Butter and Yogurt Dog Treats
Recipe from 17 Apart

Ingredients:
1/4 cup All Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, melted slightly
4 oz. Plain Greek Yogurt
Carrot shavings (optional)

Silicone molds or ice trays work the best for these since you can just pop the treats out very easily.

Silicone Paw Mold {similar here and here}

If you want to add some shaved carrots or sweet potato, just mix the shavings into the greek yogurt before adding to the mold. I did it with the first batch I tried because Ruby likes carrots.

Fill the openings on the tray about halfway with the greek yogurt. Pick up and drop the mold several times to get the yogurt in all the crevices and to make room for the peanut butter.


Repeat the process with peanut butter and freeze for about 3-4 hours. So easy! Perfect for spoiling your pup on a hot summer day!

So how was your weekend? Hot like ours? If anyone has any other frozen dog treat recipes let me know, these were a hit for Ruby!

22 comments

  1. OMG what cute little dog treats! I'm going to have to make these for my pup, he'd love them!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures and those treats are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH goodness....Sampson and Tuggy are going to love love love this easy treat! Where did you find the molds?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your photos so pretty!! I agree - it's not fun to be outside when it's that gross out! My life saver is the evian mist spray - it's so cooling when you're practically dying outside haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh girl, those treats are just precious. I think Pixie would love those :) She also takes forever to eat a treat haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those frozen pup treats are adorable, where did you find that tray??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photographs. Thanks for the treat recipe. Scout will love them! Where did you find the tray?

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl!! My husband and I are coming to Charleston next weekend for a long weekend and I was wondering if you had any touristy suggestions?! We already have all our meals planned out (I'm a foodie) but we have been a few times before and done all the usual King Street/downtown stuff so I'm trying to find different things for us to do! We are staying on King Street but are open to driving! Thanks!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my those are the cutest little pup treats!! Pretty pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute! I should make these for our pups :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pixie loved these treats!! It's so funny watching her eat them since they're frozen. They're too cute!! And yes DI is gorgeous. You should do the Breast Cancer walk in October, you walk through the neighborhoods and "oohh and aahh" over all of the mansions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think Bella would loooove those!! Great treat recipe and I love the puppy paw tray ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cannot wait to make these dog treats! Miss Fred has been feeling a little neglected since my son came along (though she certainly isn't starved for attention) so I'm sure these will go over huge with her. And I can't take that adorable mold, though mine will probably be a bit more "seasonal" seeing as I only have a Christmas tree mold - haha! Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how these are so simple. I was just thinking about how Charlie needed new treats! Were they messy once your pup started to eat them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how cute these treats are! I can't wait to make these for our pups!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SO cute! I usually buy Finn doggie ice cream but these sound way better (and not to mention cheaper!) Where did you get the cute little paw tray?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I mean.....what if you don't have a dog....those can be like human treats too right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mom will be making these in no time for Cooper! Isn’t Daniel Island beautiful??

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh!! Those pup treats could not be any cuter - love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was soooo hot over the weekend!! I have no idea how you guys do it down there in the summer.. I looked like a hot mess the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How cute are those little treats!?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just moved from Daniel Island to a different area of Charleston......I miss it like crazy. Such a cute little hidden gem of Charleston. Has the small beach town fell you see it shows. I still go there running after work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.