Summer Skin Care (for the cheap gals)

We're halfway through the week! Not that I want to rush the summer along, but I'm just counting down the days until August when my day job slows down a bit and I can catch up on the five thousand things on my to-do list!

I'm also looking forward to some cooler days here in Charleston, though I know those are a long way off. Don't get me wrong, I love the summer. But summers in Charleston (with approximately 3425% humidity) wreak havoc on my already difficult hair and my skin!

One of the things I was really good about doing before our wedding was taking good care of my skin on a normal basis and I've been really bad about doing that until recently. Let's not get started on the love chub and my lack of gym appearances!

So today I thought I'd share some of the products I use with my summer skin care routine and see if y'all have any other good recommendations. 

Disclaimer: I'm super cheap and hate spending a lot of money on products that may or may not work. I usually get a few free samples from Sephora before committing to the real thing. I'm sure there are other, better, more pricey options out there but these are what seem to work for my complexion and my budget!

Caladryl Lotion: I think I've raved about this before but this is one of those cheap tricks my Mom taught me in high school when I was battling zits and I swear by it! I put a dot of Calamine on any problem areas, or areas that look a little iffy, and they dry up within a day or two! It's also good for a lot of other uses (I think I may be like the Dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding with his bottle of Windex... anyone?)

Olay Regenerist At Home Microdermabrasion Kit: I only use this about once a month because I also use the Philosophy Peel Pads (see below) but I love it. For a relatively low cost, it makes my face feel so soft and clean! I think it helps even my skin tone, but who knows, maybe it's just in my head?! Either way, I'll keep using it!

Philosophy Microdelivery Mini Peel Pads: I've been using these about once a week and I really like how soft my face feels after! Plus they are easy to use. They leave sort of a weird feeling on your skin until you wash your face afterwards but I definitely notice a brighter skin tone and some smaller pores (it's got a lot of work to do on this face) after a few uses.

Neutrogena Ultra-Sheer Dry Touch Suntan Lotion: This stuff is the best for your face in the summer. I put it on before my makeup sometimes if I know I'll be outside for an extended amount of time. It doesn't make your face feel oily at all.

Ponds Dry Skin Cream: Like the Caladryl, I use this on repeat all year long. Even though my face is more oily in the summer, I still put this on in the morning because it makes me feel so refreshed!

Also, not pictured, I love Biore pore strips! Those bad boys are amazing and kind of gross at the same time. 

So what are some of your favorite products? Anyone else do mini- facials at home?

12 comments

  1. I used Calamine a while back for acne back when my acne was really bad. I was using so many other things at the time so I have no clue if it worked but glad it works for you! I want to try those Philosophy Pads! That Neutrogena sunscreen is hands down the best. It doesn't even feel like you have anything on your face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use that sunscreen too! im glad all of these picks are budget friendly :) i want to try the mini peel pads! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl, I'm glad to see I'm not the only blogger on a budget. I love all philosophy products and that is my biggest splurge. They have an oil free moisturizer that is amazing. I also swear by their purity face wash. I pick up a cheap clay masks at target I try and use every few weeks too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that sunscreen too! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who still likes/ is totally fascinated by the pore strips! Totally amazed and grossed out at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear by the CeraVe brand of moisturizers! They are about $14/piece so a little pricier for a drugstore brand but are amazing. Also love anything by Philosophy but the price tag.. ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried the microdermabrasion kit from Olay but only use their sensitive skin lotion w/ SPF. The St. Ives scrubs are all really great, too. Heck yes to "cheap gals" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Basically anything by that Olay Regenerist line I am obsessed with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The philosophy product sounds great! Thanks for all the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The neutrogena ultra sheer sunscreen is our favorite!

    xx 365hangers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um so excited to see those microderm peel pad thingies! I've been looking for something just like that but not a million dollars, and those from Philosophy are perfect! Definitely going to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In love the Ponds moisturizer - it's the only one I use!! The peel pads sounds really interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to check out the Philosophy Microdelivery Peel... Thanks for the recommendations!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.