Our Fourth of July

I hope you all had a fun, festive Fourth of July weekend! I've officially polished off most of the dessert leftovers from my parents' party, and considering how much food we had, I'd say that's an accomplishment.

I hate to admit I was bad at taking photos! There were so many friends and family there and so much food to be eaten... it was hard to keep up! It was like a big family reunion complete with string lights, blueberry moonshine, camping in the backyard, water balloon battles, and a very intense cornhole tournament.



We went with a "vintage Americana" theme and I love how everything came out. There was so much food on the table by the end of the party that you almost couldn't see some of the details so I'm glad I snapped a few photos beforehand!

My cousins' kids "helped" me make the homemade cupcake frosting, which ended up taking so much longer with a hand mixer (I do not recommend!) so we were a little rushed to get those done but the kids loved it.



Steve and I made it to the championship game in the cornhole tournament (our celebrity power couple name is Stait) but we lost! We had 11 teams sign up so the tournament was definitely a hit!

Obviously my handwriting took a turn for the worse...

Love my parents' back yard! 



We've still got a few days up North and I'm trying to soak up every minute of it!

Did anyone else eat well this weekend? The gym in definitely on the agenda when we get home, ugh!

22 comments

  1. What a festive party! Pretty little details. I like the signs on the drinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parent's pool looks heavenly! Love all the festive details...especially the cornhole tourny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun reunion! I love the chalkboard corn hole tournament board! Nothing more fun than a competitive game with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your parents have an amazing backyard! The cornhole tournament is such a great idea for a summer party and I need to know where those mason jar water dispensers are from - SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 4th of July party looks amazing! Totally jealous of your parents backyard! And I love all the decorations!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the decorations looked so good!! Haha love your celebrity power couple name. I used to say our joint name was Theally or Alleo. Both are super lame! The corn hole tournament sounds like fun!! Theo would be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun celebration! Love it!!! LOVE the vintage Americana theme so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a fabulous 4th and birthday celebration! Enjoy your last few days w. your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome night, I love the huge corn hole tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg yes the gym is definitely on the agenda after last weekend lol! love the theme, all the decorations are so cute! and i want to live with your parents, please.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a perfect weekend!! I'm loving your parents backyard too and a cornhole tournament - how fun!!! Hope you have a wonderful time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great weekend! Love the cornhole tourney...my husband would have been in heaven! And I would have been in heaven with that pool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a lovely weekend you had with the fam! and Hey Ruby! She is always so cute! Love the party decorations and all the burlap! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous yard for a party! Enjoy the rest of your time. Love how it all came together ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your parents have the best backyard!! And a corn hole tournament is amazing - something that my competitive family would definitely do :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun celebration, and YES what an awesome backyard they have :) I'll take a glass of that sangria!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the festive details. Especially the corn-hole tournament bracket such a great idea. Also, blueberry moonshine sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your parents yard looks so relaxing! And that sangria looks heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun party! Love that y'all had an official bracket going for the cornhole tourney.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Everything looks so festive and like so much fun!! How brilliant is a corn hole tournament?? We may have to steal this idea ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a great weekend! The cornhole tournament was a great idea! Your parents back yard and pool looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.