Our Christmas Mantel

I know I'm 4 days late, but Happy December! With just 3 more Fridays before Christmas, we're in full festive mode over here! I've got a few more things to finish once I get back in town next week, so you'll see our full Christmas home tour next week! That late Thanksgiving really threw me off.

Today I'm sharing one of our favorite places in the house... our Christmas mantel! 


In case you haven't figured it out yet, I love love garland. Especially lighted garland. I tried to keep the rest of the mantel simple since the garland and wreath stand out so much. I picked both up from Michael's and added some cheap lights to them to give them a little sparkle. It's so cozy and festive, I'm loving it!


I'm a total traditionalist when it comes to holidays, so I stuck to deep greens, red, and plaid for our decor. The plaid is carried throughout our living areas, so you'll see more of it next week! In the meantime, you can see some of my inspiration here!


I love having the tree clippings in different places throughout the house. I can't get enough of the smell! Never mind the fact that we pretty much took a whole shopping cart worth of clippings... I mean, they were free!

Please ignore the hot mess of cords!
The only thing I'm debating is whether or not I should add a plaid bow to the wreath... thoughts?!



I wanted to put a big poinsettia on the floor to the left, but I don't want to risk it with the pup around. 

Our living room is absolutely our favorite room in the house! We have found it is best enjoyed with some wine or hot chocolate, my favorite Christmas music, and a fire if it's cold enough!

Want some more Christmas festiveness? Check out my gold leaf Christmas print and no sew deer silhouette pillow!

Linking up with the lovely ladies of Blissfully Miller, Let's Get Bananas, Ten June, Our Fifth House

Lets Get Bananas

33 comments

  1. Your mantel looks so good! I love Ruby's little stocking in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! If you wanted you could do a plaid bow with a small poinsettia as the center of the bow? I like to incorporate poinsettias in all my Christmas decor! :)
    Your mantle looks FAB!

    Lindi
    Sweet Southern Sparkle
    www.sweetsouthernsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea, thank you! I'm the same way, they are so festive! I may have to search for a good fake poinsettia too

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I am such a slacker and haven't even pulled out our decorations yet. Need to find some motivation ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous! So Jealous you guys have a fireplace!! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor! Last year we didn't have a fireplace so I decorated part of our kitchen counter as one... haha!

      Delete
  5. I love this SO much! our fireplace doesn't have a mantle and this time of year I sure wish it did. Its on the "to do" list! :)

    http://rockinmadranch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mantle looks awesome! My favorite part is the little firewood basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantle is absolutely perfect!! Makes me really wish I had one...looks great!

    http://blovedboston.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all of your decor!!

    Do you clippings dry out? I have decorated with clippings but they dried out and made such a mess with all of the needles falling!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!! They will dry out after a while and it is a total pain! I keep some water in a little squirt bottle and spray the trimmings and our wreath every couple of days and it seemed to help last year! Hope that helps you too!

      Delete
    2. I will def. try that! do you just spray the whole thing? Or the stems?

      It looks like you got the hang of your new camera... your pictures are gorgeous!!!

      Delete
  9. Looks SO good!!! We seriously need to start the Christmas decorating around here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    http://acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great! How I wish I had a mantle to decorate!! One day. one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so beautiful and simple...I love it! I'm actually cringing now that I look at our mantel, and the Thanksgiving decorations are still up, haha. Yep, I need to get on that. I do like the idea of adding the plaid bow, but it looks great as you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you put the mirror above the mantle! So pretty!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mantel looks beautiful, the lights are so pretty!! The basket for firewood is so neat - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have half our Christmas decor up, lol. Yours look awesome! I love the chalk label :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so gorgeous!!! One of my requirements for a house someday is having a fireplace with a mantle so I can decorate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I seriously just want to cuddle up next to your fireplace and enjoy your warm and cozy adorable Christmas decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! And of course I love the stockings... twins! : )

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I have the garland going on too! love that wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love every single detail of your mantel!! Such rustic charm.. which I'm a sucker for! Come decorate my mantel..please and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl. This is absolutely gorgeous! I looove all the details!! You did a fabulous job! Love the basket with wood in it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your garland, I need to invest in some better garland. I feel like mine is cheap looking :-P

    Everything looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your garland is fantastic!!! I love all the pinecones!

    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your basket to hold firewood. So cute!! New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW... so stunning! This looks like something out of pottery barn!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.