Christmas 2016

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

We celebrated Christmas at home this year which was much needed after our emotional Christmas last year. It was low-key with nothing on the schedule besides exploring downtown and meeting friends at the Christmas train display at Belmond Charleston Place on Christmas Eve.


That evolved into throwing pennies into a nearby fountain, which I think Rowan enjoyed even more than the trains, and a stop at Revelry Brewing for the parents. Quite the nontraditional Christmas Eve!

On Christmas morning I expected Rowan to tear into his presents but he was so laid back! We practically had to talk him into opening his gifts because he was so into his new easel and slide, which Santa's elves lovingly built Christmas Eve!

(Excuse the grainy photos, it was so dark Christmas morning despite Rowan sleeping in a bit!)


He was a big fan of his stocking, which is my favorite part of Christmas morning too! Also, that bed head. I love it.


After presents and a big breakfast, we walked around south of Broad Street to see the gorgeous homes before all of the decor is taken down. It's kind of become a tradition which we started when I was super prego two years ago.


I know most people have their trees down by now but we're still celebrating with family so I'm still in Christmas mode over here. I don't think it's even hit me that 2017 is in a few days!

4 comments

  1. Looks like a wonderful Christmas - beautiful pictures, as always! What type of camera do you use? I've been shopping around & always love your pictures/ the quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Are you shooting in auto or do you actually set the aperture, ISO, etc.? I'd LOVE to take pictures this well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved all the beautiful photos capturing your Christmas celebration! Your tradition of a Christmas stroll to take in the gorgeous decor sounds wonderful! Wishing you and yours a happy new year to come! xo! Brenda // ChattingOverChocolate.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun Christmas morning! Rowan is just precious and that easel is such a great idea

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.