Last Minute Gift Ideas

By now I'm sure you are all sick of the gift guides that are literally everywhere in the "blogosphere" and on Pinterest this holiday season, but sometimes they are often over-budget options (or maybe I'm just cheap?) and they don't apply to those random, last minute gifts you have to scrounge for the week before Christmas. You can see my gift ideas and stocking stuffer ideas... but those only have 1 or 2 splurge items (Hello, MK purse. Get in my closet already!)

Tell me I'm not the only one who didn't think of a gift for someone, but they call you up and are all like "Hey I just wanted to bring by a little something my dog got for your dog..." Or "here is a gift card for the nicest restaurant in town, for my neighbor of 6 months." Ok so that second example didn't actually happen... but I'm not going to lie, that would be awesome.

So if you're like me and you were so busy you forgot to add someone to your list or you have a white elephant gift to pick up, here are some ideas (under $30) that can save you from looking like a jack ass when someone else had time to come up with a completely sweet and thoughtful gift.

For the Wino
Metrokane Rabbit Set. Modern House Wine ($13 at Target, from Oprah's Fave Things)
We got one of these Rabbit wine opener sets for our wedding and it is literally the bomb. You can sometimes find them at TJ Maxx-type stores for around $20, otherwise use a coup at BBB! I don't know how it works but its the easiest.thing.ever! Pair it with a bottle of wine and its perfect for a hostess or even your boss if he/she is cool.

P.S. Resist the urge to buy Sutter Home, even though I'm personally a big fan of the cheap wines... Kendall-Jackson is a great bottle just over $10. If you still want to go cheap, head to World Market and find a cheap wine no one has heard of... ha!

For Your Girlfriend, Boss, or a sweet neighbor lady

 Gift Card. Mug.
I have to say one of my favorite gifts is a Starbucks gift card. I know gift cards tend to seem a little thoughtless, but there are certain gift cards I'd do a back-flip for and this is one of them. Stick it inside a cute mug like the one above or my favorite Anthropologie Golden Monogram mug, and you will make one lucky lady's day. Obviously go with a more manly mug, like this or a Tervis with his favorite sports team, if the recipient is a dude.

Print. Frame.
Another option is an art print with a nice matted frame. There are tons of art prints on Etsy that are instant downloads you can have printed at a local store. You can also find some cute free printables online, like this one, which I have printed for a gift before and my friend absolutely loved it!

Handmade

Last but not least, you can always do the handmade approach, kind of like my cookie boxes. Even if you aren't much of a baker, people love the extra effort. You can always disguise your not-so-hot baking abilities by having really nice packaging and a personalized note. :)

Also good to have around the house for last minute gifts are sets like this EOS Lip Balm Multipack or Wine bottle outfits, just in case.

So what am I missing, anyone have any other great last minute gift ideas to add?

7 comments

  1. These are some great ideas! I agree, a Starbucks gift card is always appreciated! I saw that wine at Target and I swear always end up staring at it and wondering what's so great about it that Oprah recommended it? I think its probably time I buy it so I can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those wine bottles simply for the CUTE labels!!! Have you tried those wines?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Starbucks gift cards in a mug are my go-to. I actually and going to put some homemade cookies in a Venti Starbucks cup and attach a Starbucks gift card. And I love eos lip balm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can't go wrong with a cute mug and gift card!!! Love this list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas! I would totally be pumped if someone gave me a Sbux gift card and a mug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that it would be nice to have items around the house for just in case. I make my own dog treats and package them up for my friends and family members with dogs. I always make sure not to forget about the little four legged guys!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.