Not Your Grandma's Hot Chocolate

Last week I shared our Christmas house tour with you all and I noted that I've had quite the hot chocolate obsession this year. So much so that I converted our liquor stash area into a hot chocolate bar. Last night my husband and I decided to spike our hot chocolate, and with the assortment of mini liquor bottles we have, we had quite the variety for tasting. Today I wanted to share our favorite combination, which I'm warning you in advance makes you want to cozy up on the couch and go into a hot chocolate coma. Or maybe that's just us because we're totally getting old?!


I'm not going to be very technical about the directions, because honestly I didn't really measure exact portions. Its pretty sweet, so if you're going to skimp on anything, I'd say cut back on the cinna-sugar vodka.. it's got a ton of flavor!

Spiked Cinnamon Hot Chocolate

1 large cup of hot chocolate (you can use the packets if you want)
1 shot Cinna-Sugar Twist Vodka
1 shot Whipped Vodka
Dash of milk
Marshmallows and/or Whipped Cream
Cinnamon sprinkled on top

Basically just make your hot chocolate and add the vodka. Easy peasy!

Mug

I admit, I added a pirouette cookie to mine. There was so much cinnamon-y goodness in this cup, I promise you won't realize you've got two shots of liquor in there!

Anyone else spike their hot chocolate? No, just me? Oops. :)

Linking up with Schue Love and The Lovely Cupboard!

15 comments

  1. Such a great combo! My favorite hot chocolate is salted caramel! I have no clue how to make it but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Cheers to THIS! Would be the perfect signature holiday party drink!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to try this out! I love that you have not one, but 2 vodkas! Woop woop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have some whipped cream vodka from our stock the bar shower and I added some to my hot chocolate last week! Great minds think alike! So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinna-Sugar twist vodka?!? Yum. This sounds like the perfect Christmas treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, that looks good! I don't drink, but you make it look so appealing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! the perfect holiday adult beverage and no one even has to know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What?! Cinna-Sugar twist vodka?! - I have got to try that... looks so yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like THE most delicious concoction ever!!!!! I NEED to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, spiked hot chocolate is my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum! I do this with apple cider but not with hot chocolate! I am going to start!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mm mm mm!! Love me some hot cocoa!! This sounds divine...perfect drink for around the tree!! Thanks for linking up!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.