Christmas Around Here

It's so hard to believe there are only 4 more sleeps until Christmas! This month has flown by and I've tried to make a conscious effort to soak in all of the craziness.


But you know you've reached bad blogger status when you are posting Christmas decor this late. Oops! I had plans to do this sooner, but as some of you may have seen on IG stories yesterday, I've been dealing with some back problems for the past month and sitting in front of a computer longer than I already do for my day job was not an option. Thankfully I think I'm finally on the mend, which is great because my 30-pound toddler didn't get the memo that mommy can't hold him all of the time!

Anyway, on to the fun stuff! Usually I decorate with a lot of reds but this year I switched it up and I love the little change! I mean, aside from the garland that dried out about 2 weeks ago and the Trader Joe's wreath that somehow smells more like body odor than evergreen?


I think we may have bought one of the biggest Christmas trees on the lot this year. We loved it so much but failed to take into account our 9 foot ceiling so it sort of felt like a Griswald tree once we got it in the house. "It's all part of the experience, honey."


Rowan has done surprisingly well with the tree, knock on wood. We put all of the toddler-friendly ornaments on the bottom and he has about 5 that he takes on and off which is fine by me!

I'm really missing a fireplace mantel again this year but our tv stand is tall enough that its a decent alternative topped with some live-ish garland!


The car pillow just might be my favorite new addition... I was trying to find one that I liked everywhere but ended up adapting Lisa's idea by cutting the car from this placemat and ironing it on a white Ikea cover using this method.


If you follow on Snapchat, yesterday I shared a quick real life tour. You know, the kind that shows all of the junk and toys dispersed throughout the living area that you shove into a closet before taking the pretty photos!

I have Rowan's room and the guest room decorated a bit, but there is zero hope in making those picture ready. Maybe someday I'll get it together!

Hope you've all have a fun Christmas week!

5 comments

  1. i love your holiday decorations!! and that tv stand is so cute!! im glad you're starting to feel better. have a merry christmas! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so clean and pretty!! I love the pillows & greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What color are your living room walls painted? ...I love how light and airy they are! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about this!! everything looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. We too don't have a mantle (nor a fireplace!) so I feel your pain! Your house looks so cozy and inviting! I'm coming over!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.