Our Weekend + Baby M is a....

This weekend involved a lot of brunch, naps, and some delicious Jeni's ice cream to top it all off.

On Saturday my husband and I headed to Poogan's Porch for probably the most delicious brunch we've had in Charleston. If you are in town, please don't miss this place! We started with pimento fritters, which were so good! Steve got the chicken and waffles, which despite my aversion to chicken, was amazing. I ordered the french toast with strawberries and pecans, which was equally delicious.


We did some shopping and picked up some baby clothes. I was happy that the new H&M here carries some maternity clothes so I can find some cheap pants when I decide I'm sick of busting out of my current ones.

On Sunday, I met up with Ally and Jillian for day 2 in a row of brunch downtown! We went to Leaf and it was delicious! I went the healthy route with eggs but topped it off with "brown butter almond brittle" and "buckeye state" ice cream from Jeni's afterwards. I don't regret it one bit. So good.


Ruby helped us with Baby M's gender reveal! In case you missed it on Instagram or Twitter, we're having a baby BOY! We could not be more excited! More details to come this week :)


And because no weekend is complete without some sort of shenanigans, Ruby barked nonstop at the balloons and wouldn't take a step near them until we tied them to the baby's Jellycat stuffed animal. All of a sudden she grabbed it and took off! Guess her bionic puppy knees were feeling a-okay.


I hope you all had a great weekend! Don't forget to join the football kick off week link-up tomorrow!

32 comments

  1. CONGRATS LADY!!!! A lil boy, how wonderful!!!!!

    Speaking of wonderful, that food looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your little boy, so exciting!! All of your brunches look SO goo - glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha Ruby with the Jelly Cat is cracking me up!! It's like foreshadowing your life with Ruby grabbing the baby's toys nonstop. Congrats again on Baby Boy M!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Now the fun begins of picking out all things for your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your big news!! And a tidbit I wish I would have though of act maternity pants. Get them NOW. I held out as long as possible, but you have to buy them anyway, so may as well get as much use out of them as you can! I bought a ton of stuff when I couldn't wear regular clothes any more, and felt like I only got to wear it for a couple months. Should have done that earlier instead of walking around uncomfortable all those weeks. Just a suggestion :) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for a little boy! And what a cuuuuuute way to announce! Congrats, friend! He is going to be SO loved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting! I can't wait to continue to follow along on the blog and see your little family grow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats! It looks like the boy thing is continuing! I had two friends find out what they were having this weekend and they're both having boys too! Crazy! And that breakfast looks amazing!!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on a baby boy!! And that brunch looks delicious! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for a boy! Boys are so much fun :) And that brunch needs to get in my belly right now... This mediocre coffee just isn't cutting it. But that looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!! I missed it on Instagram....So excited for you to have a sweet baby boy!! Boys are the best and they love their mamas :) I can attest!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. EEEKKKKK - congratulations on the wonderful news!! So so exciting!! And those chicken and waffles look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your little BOY!! My husband and I are expecting a little boy in December too! That chicken and waffles plate looks amazing and so does the Jenni's ice cream!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So exciting for you, a boy!! :) That ice cream looks amazing! Ah lil Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So exciting! Yay for a baby boy! Also, all of your meals/ice cream looks amazing! I wish lived in the area so I could go get me some :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY for a baby boy!!! So exciting! And I'm pretty much drooling over your food pictures... yum yum yum. Poogan's Porch was one of our favorite restaurants on our visit last month!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the baby boy! How exciting! I'm sure a lot of toy stealing is in Ruby's future ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay! Congratulations on a little boy! There's something in the water. Every one I know right now are expecting little boys. We wont find out for a few more weeks the suspense is killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahaha Ruby...so cute!!! Congrats on the little man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How far along are you! I wasn't expecting you to know so soon! Love those gender reveal pics, Esp. where ruby has the toy her mouth. Congratulations! What an exciting weekend!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats!!! So exciting! And great minds think alike with our ice cream runs this weekend. The last of the summer definitely calls for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay!!! How exciting!!! I'm partial to boys right now since that's what we're having. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay, for a BOY!! SO many congrats to you, Steve, and Ruby!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. How did I miss this on instagram?! Congrats!!!! Baby boys are the best!! They are seriously so much fun and love their mamas so much. I love having a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your little man!!! That pic is such a cute way to announce the news :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats on the baby boy!!! Too funny that Ruby grabbed the stuffed animal and ran. I can totally see our dog doing that some day too :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.